Acts as a “Business Partner” and “Coach” to the organization in all relevant HR management issues and provide the best HR strategies and services to attract, develop, motivate and retain the best talent.
Strategically partners with assigned customer groups to align people management practices with business goals. Help to create and foster a culture that recognizes outstanding achievement, enables individuals to reach their potential, and ensures all employees are treated with respect and fairness in the performance of their responsibilities.
- Develops the HR Strategy and manages the execution and control of the plan for the respective support areas in coordination with global partners where applicable. Ensures harmonized implementation of strategies across all relevant locations of functional support.
- Provides counsel to management and employees on various human resources matters including employee relations, performance management, employment law compliance, policy interpretation, compensation and benefits, and recruitment support.
- Partners with management to diagnose organizational design, development or training needs of the organization and make the most appropriate tool or resource available to meet the business needs.
- Partners closely with management of assigned groups in structuring and developing their respective teams to maximize performance and employee engagement. Coaches Managers on talent and succession management and how to best to motivate and challenge all members of their teams, (from high performers to under performers) to ensure employee performance, engagement and accountability.
- Partners with the Talent team to build internal and external pipelines of high calibre, culturally diverse talent to meet the needs of the business with regards to succession and workforce planning.
- Assists with developing and maintaining communications programs that successfully impart the company’s mission, values, culture, and objectives.
- Solicits resources both internally and externally (e.g. financial, headcount) to appropriately execute human resources strategies.
- Establishes and effectively builds relationships with HR colleagues to ensure close alignment and partnership with respect to employee HR support and administration. This includes performance management, recruitment, compensation adjustments, benefit administration and mobility topics.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Global and Local HR Managers, Generalist & Specialists
- Assigned client groups and leaders
- Works with Global HR Counterparts to implement global HR tools and strategies in the US, adapting programs to fit local and regional employees
- Compensation and Benefits
- Talent Management
- Talent Acquisition
- Controlling and Legal
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to influence senior management in relation to people and team matters.
- Ability to evaluate organizations, identify themes and work with leaders in order to identify HR solutions in order for them to increase effectiveness.
- Strong business judgment with the ability to connect human resources with business goals.
- Strong employee relations and organizational development experience.
- Excellent team orientation experience in a global organization.
- Strong process orientation, analytical and planning abilities with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to connect with all levels of the organization
- Strong PC skills that include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. SAP HR a plus.
- BS/BA or equivalent professional certification in Human Resources Management, business administration or psychology.
- Five plus years progressive human resources experience, preferably in a multi-national company.
- Experience working in a progressive organization preferred