Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The general purpose the Group Functions Finance GFF is to be a financial consultant to the Group Functions Senior Management by giving recommendations to enable and drive fact-based decision-making. The Finance Functions support and steer the business to achieve financial targets as well as the strategy based on the analysis of number indicators. GFF Horizontal Controlling provides transparency across all functions.
As Senior Manager Group Functions Controlling you will focus on:
- Horizontal Controlling: Financial Planning & Analysis Group Functions Finance by creating & maintaining effective and efficient processes & communication
- Global Operating Overhead: Reporting & Analysis
- Projects driving financial excellence
- Partner with assigned business functions/ area and the respective Sr. Management.
- Enable fact-based decision making by creating transparency on all cost levels through budgeting, forecasting, and the creation of business cases.
- Lead medium- large sized projects, implement findings and ensure sustainability of achievements
- Manage cost centers and support cost center owners in all financial tasks.
- Identify significant and sustainable improvement potential through variance analysis, derive solutions and facilitate related decisions.
- Support the creation of business cases for planned investment in the assigned area of responsibility, challenging underlying assumptions, ensuring standard format approaches are followed, and drive/own the integrity of financial information. Perform project controlling & “Post Mortem” analysis.
- Develop and implement adequate communication packages to present derived results, recommendations and solutions.
- Design, develop and implement state-of-the-art analytic tools
- Develop new processes, standards or operational plans and deliver results with direct impact on targets.
- Significantly contribute to the achievement of overall GFF strategy
- Manage & execute standardized reporting and ad-hoc analysis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maneuver and work in a consistently changing environment and among different management levels of a global organization
- Thorough understanding of the complexity, interactions and dynamics within an international company
- Experience in Project Management
- Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to think and act strategically and develop operational plans
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in Business Administration/Finance/Controlling/International Management
- System expertise: excellent MS office skills (especially Excel), fundamental SAP (FI/CO), BI
- Minimum 4-8 years relevant work experience