Purpose (Brief summary of why role exists):
The Manager of Global Consumer Insights will be a member of the Global Consumer & Market Insights team that is responsible for providing the consumer perspective across brand, communications, sales, product and innovation at Reebok International. As a member of the Global Consumer & Market Insights team, the manager will be responsible for fostering relationships across the Business Units and Horizontal Functions at Reebok to ensure the consumer perspective is incorporated into the planning and development across all parts of the organization.
Key Accountabilities (List the 5-10 major areas of responsibility for role):
- Collaborate with Business Units to understand business needs and be the voice of the consumer to help aid decision making.
- Lead the design, coordination and execution of strategic qualitative and quantitative research projects globally.
- Partner with research suppliers to plan and field primary research projects utilizing an array of methodologies including focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographies, online quantitative surveys, event research and simulated shopping methodologies.
- Translate Consumer Insights into meaningful and actionable information that can be integrated into tactical and strategic decisions.
- Lead the analysis of qualitative and quantitative research data, report and present findings and make insightful and actionable recommendations. Results of this work will be used to inform and shape decisions regarding strategic brand positioning, marketing communications, product development and product line optimization.
- Identify and implement new and innovative research techniques to address business needs.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- A familiarity with current research techniques (both methodological and analytical).
- A familiarity with Behavioral Economics and an implementation of BE insights.
- Past experience at developing research plans and recommending methodologies to solve for specific research objectives.
- Experience designing and developing quantitative questionnaires and qualitative discussion guides.
- Ability to synthesize qualitative insights to craft a ‘story’ that addresses project objectives.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills, with ability to share across stakeholders of varying levels.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects.
- Detail oriented without sacrificing a strategic perspective.
- The ability to work independently and be flexible to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and cooperative attitude that fosters collaboration and teamwork both inside and outside the department.
- Ability to synthesize qualitative insights from a variety of methods into coherent strategic frameworks.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable about the broad range of research methodologies.
Qualifications (Minimum required education and experience):
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in market research, marketing, psychology, sociology or business administration. (MBA a plus)
- 4-6 years of progressive experience in consumer research—a mix of supplier-side and client-side experience highly preferred.
- Proven analytical problem-solving skills and prior experience with advanced data analysis.
- Up to 25% travel required
Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The Reebok brand has moved their HQ to a 220,000 square-foot section of the Innovation and Design Building in Boston’s Seaport District. This move has brought community fitness to a next generation design and innovation space; the all new workplace fosters a vibrant collaborative culture and allows the brand to be closely connected to the community in Boston. Alongside state-of-the-art office spaces, the headquarters is equipped with an employee fitness center and a retail store.abilities with SPSS.