Purpose: Serve as the single point of contact for Apparel and A&G product cost forecasting. Ensure that accurate product cost forecasts are provided to the Finance, Sourcing and Brand Operations Teams in order to enable sound financial and strategic planning and optimize sourcing & costing decisions. Provide an end to end perspective for the decision making process in order to maximize profitability and minimize financial risks for the adidas Group.
- Take ownership with regards to Apparel and A&G financial, costing and economical global trends knowledge in particular for all key profitability drivers like wages, currencies and manufacturing environment focusing in adidas group current and potential production countries.
- Create seasonal FOB reports and product creation buffer communications.
- Own the creation of the Apparel & A&G content for the seasonal cost forecast, price freeze, and planning cornerstones milestones. Work effectively with counterpart in Footwear & Consolidations to create a harmonized look and feel for these communication packs.
- Coordinates with costing, factories, SEA, and external sources to come up with one version of the truth for forecasted changes in wages and government-mandated social benefits. Cross-check with counterpart in Footwear to verify that similar assumptions are used.
- Lead the process for the Apparel and A&G Pricing Freeze and create content to explain the buffer application in a clear way.
- Lead the process for the Apparel & A&G Planning Cornerstones milestone & create content to clearly explain the cost drivers behind any FOB movement.
- Support any initiatives where cost forecasting and/or mitigation information is required; partner with the Strategy & Projects team to ensure that all cost savings initiatives are appropriately reflected in the seasonal cost forecast. Take the lead regarding the seasonal tracking of FOB Cost Mitigation project related benefits, and partner with the Strategy & Projects team to update the consolidated view.
- Takes ownership with regards to information and database for key profitability drivers for adidas group like fob (ex-factory) and landed product costs.
- Develop and manage End to End profitability tools to understand the key levers that influence profitability developing and implementing improvement programs.
- Coordinate, facilitate and communicate the decision making process with regards to E2E and strategic costing to ensure brands and divisions are aligned and consistent.
- Partner with Apparel Materials Costing to provide information as needed to support material cost negotiations.
- Serve as primary interface with Group Treasury in the dissemination and explanation of FX rates and FX policy
- Ad hoc analysis regarding changes in FX rates, key materials, wages, and other key cost drivers.
- Establish and maintain strong cross functional working relationships with finance, costing and sourcing teams.
- Finance, Treasury and Costing departments of adidas group
- PPV Team
- Outside sources: T1 and T2 suppliers, Financial Institutions
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Expert understanding and solid experience in the implementation and management of cost methodologies in a manufacturing environment to drive and capture continuous efficiency improvements
- Solid understanding and demonstrable experience in the dynamics of an outsourced source base within an extended supply chain, ideally from both supplier and customer perspectives
- Analytical minded and detailed oriented person with business acumen.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with different departments within the organization leading discussions in small and larger groups.
- Ability to work and deliver results in a changing environment
- Strong project management skills
- Very good English skills both written and oral.
- Advanced IT skills, especially MS Office
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 6-8 years of experience in a global organization preferable.
- Experience in a multinational environment.
- Advanced degree in finance or financial engineering (e.g. MFE, MBA) with manufacturing or supply chain focus. Cost accounting knowledge and education, while a plus is not required.
- Basic understanding of product creation process / lifecycle and some experience in branded consumer goods companies strongly preferred.