Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
At adidas Group, our love of sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a shoe more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don’t just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics: We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it’s hard work inventing the future of sport, and that’s why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
In the Digital Analytics team we live this mind-set every single day through a fact-based marketing set up to drive our digital strategy forward.
We are looking for a sport enthusiastic (Senior) Digital Analyst with a passion for measurements and insights techniques to maximize the ROI of Business Unit (BU, eg. Football, Running, Original, Training, …) marketing and advertising activities across digital channels.
- Business transformation:
- Interact continuously with BU to understand strategic objectives and ensure integration of insights into business process.
- Inform and train BU with digital analytics.
- Ambassador and evangelist of “data-driven” for BU.
- Proactively explore trends and business opportunities with a data-driven attitude
- Ensure analytics process adoption in the BU (translate objectives into digital KPIs, calculate SMART targets, measure, analyze, implement change, and all again!).
- Insight generation:
- Analyze data and reports to surface actionable insights e.g. campaign impact, user experience, publishing and advertising, etc..
- Communicate continuously with all stakeholders of the BU s digital ecosystem (technology, business, partners, and agencies) to maximize impact of these insights.
- Continuously monitor actual impact of the proposed actions and changes through
- Provision of integrated end-to-end reports
- Timely/business relevant and impactful reports
- Demand Management:
- Gather, prioritize, and address demand from BU
- Make demand and prioritize transparently to Digital Analytics team and to broader Digital Brand Commerce organization.
- Project Management:
- Ensure end-to-end process from translating objectives/briefs (seasons, campaigns, apps, etc.) into measureable KPIs and SMART targets, towards measuring, analyzing and debriefing.
- Orchestrate delivery of integrated end-to-end reporting by coordinating area specific analytics deliverables.
- Proactively coordinate with all stakeholders (BU, Digital Analytics team, IT, Digital Brand Commerce teams, external agencies, etc.).
- Use appropriate and effective communication methods to Senior Management and stakeholders throughout the analytics life cycle, in order to successfully embed analytics in brand operations of BU.
- Transfer complex data and analytics into easy to digest recommendations for actions through storytelling using innovative presentation techniques.
- Act as a central link between Digital Analytics and the client BU.
- Develop and nurture relationships with client BU.
- Gather clear requirements through a briefing process.
- Manage and negotiate deliverables based on team priorities/bandwidth
- Responsible for integrated team deliverables as agreed upon with client
- Develop an impactful and transparent debriefing process with client
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant internal/external service and delivery partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding understanding and experience of digital marketing in a brand environment
- Strong affinity with sport BU ecosystem
- Strong experiences with analytics tools and disciplines (web, eCom, social, mobile, sentiment, paid media, SEO, SEM, CRM, etc.).
- Excellent presentation skills through storytelling.
- Strong experience with visualization techniques.
- Strong experience with data analysis tool(s) e.g. Tableau
- Pro-active (engaging & impact-oriented) mind-set, ability to think end-to-end and globally.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with different international cultures
- Strong experience to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups) especially when interacting with different levels of business.
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required.
- Fluent English (verbal and written).
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), proficient in MS Office.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year College or University degree with focus on Business Administration, or Marketing, or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of progressive work experience in digital analytics (preferably in agency with a brand/B2C focus).