- The Team Leader will manage the business relationship for targeted suppliers.
- This individual will lead operations processes across product creation and commercialization, as well as partner with the DOM to proactively develop the growth plans for technical/operational capabilities to ensure that adidas Group Apparel objectives are achieved.
- Ensure that the suppliers meet all key milestones and KPIs for the product creation process on time and with quality for defined categories.
- Build plans to grow category specific capabilities, upgrades of technical applications and processes to support strategic plans for future allocation and supplier strategy.
- Ensure all adidas Group requirements, policies, procedures involving Quality, Pricing, Development and Production are implemented and maintained across their supplier base.
- Develop capacity growth plans aligned with Group strategy, verify and provide capacity & capabilities overview regularly according to forecast demand.
- Lead special service programs such as SLT, mi adidas and other Group initiatives.
- Ensure T1 and internal team understand and timely adopt new adidas Group processes and procedures to improve delivery and quality performance.
- Oversee day-to-day delivery and proactively identify and address potential problems with T1 and T2 supplier management, escalating as appropriate.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with the supplier management teams to ensure proactive management of the day to day business along with continued alignment of adidas Group strategy and direction.
- Establish and maintain a strong partnership and team-based culture across LO/T1 and CC.
- Evaluate the competencies and job performance of team members on a regular basis and actively coach/develop to build their skills and capabilities in targeted areas.
- Allocate project work to team taking into consideration the team’s experience, product complexity, workload and personnel development.
- T1/T2 Suppliers
- Creation Centers
- LO Costing
- LO Planning
- Material Sourcing
- Technical Services
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills, including leading , developing and motivating people and building effective teams
- Good understanding of apparel manufacturing
- Good understanding of costing principles
- Strong planning & organizing skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- College or University degree
- At least 7 years of related work experience in the apparel industry with technical capacity and managerial experience