Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position will facilitate the implementation of effective solutions and processes to ensure DC Operations’ compliance with all customer facing and internal requirements to ensure high SLA performance to customers, within a framework of continuous improvement and cost effectiveness. Focusing on LEAN concepts this role will help to identify improvement opportunities and the resources necessary to accomplish planned improvements in all areas related to compliance, labour management, productivity and inventory accuracy. The Senior Manager, Customer Operations & Performance Management will be expected to lead, coach and mentor multiple improvement teams within the DC in collaboration with the Senior Manager, DC Operations to affect rapid change.
- Lead the team and processes tasked with ensuring that our performance in complying with customer requirements across all channels of distribution is understood, tracked, reported and where required, improved upon.
- Understand and mitigate the financial impacts of compliance failures, both direct costs related to charge-backs and indirect costs resulting from customer dissatisfaction with failure to understand and comply with their requirements.
- Lead the team and processes related to the integrity of all inventory processes and transactions, ensuring that the physical inventory in the DC is accurate within the DC’s warehouse management system and reconciled effectively back to host systems.
- Lead the team and processes responsible for optimal use of the Labour Management tool and LEAN / continuous improvement initiatives within the DC.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, DC Operations to ensure effective labour planning & performance management take place.
- Function as a change agent. Continuously challenge the way things are done. Promote creativity and out of the box thinking.
- Regularly conduct internal audits to monitor progress against targets.
- Ensure that all required processes are completed on a timely basis, such that daily business goals and any special project requirements are met.
- Communicate effectively as needed with the supply chain departments of our customers to obtain any required special handling information and resolve any issues that occur.
- Maintain current SOP’s and all required documentation in a well-organized, easily accessed manner.
- Manage the collection, reporting and required feedback regarding labour management performance, SLA’s, inventory / cycle counting accuracy and quality audits.
- Ensure all department managers, supervisors and employees are properly trained to perform their jobs safely and efficiently.
- Maintain all Occupational Health & Safety Act safety standards, including all reporting of accidents, injuries, damages and potential threats to safety.
- Document and review with the Director of Operations and the onsite HR Manager any employee performance problems for possible disciplinary action.
- Other duties as required and directed by the Director of Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of DC operations.
- Strong knowledge of LEAN, continuous improvement and labour management principles.
- Procedural awareness and the ability to coordinate the efforts of multiple work streams into a single output.
- Excel, Outlook, Word and working knowledge of WMS principles.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivational ability.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both on an individual level with team members and across departments within an organization.
- An aptitude for leadership and the willingness to develop this skill through mentoring and coaching.
- Management experience of 5 or more years within a large-scale distribution centre.
- Six Sigma or equivalent LEAN training / certification.
- University or college degree, or the ability to demonstrate equivalent skills developed through work experience.
adidas is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in an interview, accommodations will be made available on request. Please inform the Recruiter of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.