- Manage and drive the implementation of the strategic and operational plans for Incident/Crisis Management frameworks
- Support and direct market incident communication plan’s (ICP) within HR teams globally
- Develop and coordinate incident communications and response with travel security and event security
- Deliver frameworks to ensure adequate governance and compliance checking of Crisis and incident management processes
- Practical embedding of frameworks for auditing
- Communication of results to head of Corporate Security, and all other relevant Senior Management
- Ensure operational compliance of adidas CM Framework
- Ensures practical alignment with Business Continuity
- Supporting the Corporative Security department
- Collaborate with other Corporate Security functions to develop integrated IT systems to allow prompt assessment and response.
- Incident/ crisis training and workshops.
- Deliver operational and strategic support and planning for Major Incident and Crisis Management of complex major events, e.g. World Cup Russia 2018, Olympics Tokyo 2020
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of major incident and crisis management with relevant qualifications in subject matters and requirement to pass the adidas-Group BC coordinator training.
- Experience in the delivery of Major incident and crisis management projects and programmes.
- Ability in planning and analysing.
- Ability to manage a programme and lead workshops.
- Ability to operate in a complex/multidimensional environment with regards to business resilience, risk, and crisis management.
- Organisation: understands the interactions and dynamics within the market groups, supply chain, and other legal entities, and can navigate through all business functions
- Processes: skills to handle & reduce complexity of processes
- Systems: efficient use of data from a fragmented system landscape
- Make informed, calculated decisions to drive change and ignite passion in project teams.
- Requirement of significant travel requirement to drive a performance culture
Preferred Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Industry recognised professional qualification in CM/BC
- Experience of relevant industry EM/BC standards (i.e. BCI, BS11200, ISO22301)
- Professional Qualification (CPP, CFI, AMBCI, CBCI, Prince2) or relevant equivalent experience
- Work experience in security, risk management, business continuity or loss prevention at management level.
- Experience of operating within a large multinational, multi-cultural environment.