Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Senior Business Solutions Manager is someone who can effectively cross-collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define the current and future state of adidas business and its processes, identifying issues and risks, suggesting mitigation strategies and driving towards technology solutions.
Business process improvement
- Analyses and designs business processes; identifies alternative solutions to exploit new technologies and automation.
- Develops graphical representations of business processes to facilitate understanding and decision making.
- Assesses the feasibility of business process changes and recommends new approaches.
- Manages the execution of business process improvements.
- Selects, tailors and implements business process improvement methods and tools at programme, project and team level in line with agreed standards.
- Contributes to the definition of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for business process improvement.
Business risk management
- Carries out risk assessment within a defined functional or technical area of business.
- Uses consistent processes for identifying potential risk events, quantifying and documenting the probability of occurrence and the impact on the business.
- Refers to domain experts for guidance on specialised areas of risk, such as architecture and environment.
- Co-ordinates the development of countermeasures and contingency plans.
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
- Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
- Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Actively maintains knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the organisation's planning and operations.
- Recognises and identifies the boundaries of their own specialist knowledge.
- Collaborates with other specialists, where appropriate, to ensure advice given is appropriate to the needs of the organisation.
Portfolio, programme and project support
- Tech background is more preferred.
- Takes responsibility for the provision of support services to projects.
- Uses and recommends project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking projects. Sets up and provides detailed guidance on project management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
- Supports programme or project control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
- Provides basic guidance on individual project proposals. May be involved in aspects of supporting a programme by providing a cross programme view on risk, change, quality, finance or configuration management.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems and identifies options for consideration.
- Works with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
- Contributes to selection of the business analysis methods, tools and techniques for projects; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Understands the purpose and benefits of modelling.
- Uses established techniques as directed to model simple subject areas with clearly-defined boundaries.
- May assist in more complex modelling activities.
- Develops models with input from subject matter experts and communicates the results back to them for review and confirmation.
Requirements definition and management
- Contributes to selection of the requirements approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Facilitates input from stakeholders, provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritization of requirements.
- Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
- Establishes the requirements base-lines, obtains formal agreement to requirements, and ensures traceability to source.
- Investigates, manages, and applies authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Implements stakeholder engagement/communications plan.
- Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
Individual key responsibilities
only to be edited if approved by chief of staff
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- Is involved in recruiting process and proposes support for hiring decision and pre-selection of candidates
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
- Report to APAC director of Data & Analytics
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 8 year's IT project management experience in Multi-national Corporation with 3+ year of BI solution
- Strong knowledge and experience with BI technologies (SAP hana, Microstrategy, MS SQL Server, Exasol).
- Similar BI technologies are acceptable such as PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau.
- Experience with data modeling and big data architecture design.
- Proven experience on coordination with internal and external resources for data analysis and BI solution development
- University degree in Computer science or equivalent. Master is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills