PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANISATION:
- Built LO China sourcing interface for the Advanced Concepts organization and lead the accelerated technologies incubation into a commercial development process.
- Lead all China based AC sourcing teams, embrace innovation mindset and establish performance culture within the teams to provide most creative product execution and manufacturing solutions.
- Built effective relationships with HQ Advance Concept Senior leadership teams (HZ, PDX, BF) and align on AC project roadmap and timelines.
- Implement product engineering capability to drive projects complexity in line with the desired element of speed and acceleration.
- Take full ownership in driving AC product technologies within defined timelines, in accordance with the design and technical requirements, providing innovative solutions while being on the forefront of industry leading technology.
- Lead AC projects tracking and provide regular reporting of high-level status updates to line manager and relevant internal stakeholders.
- High collaboration expected with other cross functional management teams, lead and facilitate workshops and training sessions with all internal and external stakeholder in line with Advanced concepts readiness status.
- Highest level of intellectual property protection of all AC Innovations by working closely with HQ’s and HK legal team. Establish, review and foster E2E data and product security measures at all time.
- Actively drive pre-costing process by working in collaboration with LO and T1/T2 costing on evaluating applicable cost scenarios towards reaching technology cost targets and targeted margins/FOBs on all products.
- Implement adidas product creation principles of “simplify, standardize, modularize and enable automation” in all advanced concepts.
- Hold full accountability for the roll out of technical guidelines and defined standards during the innovation process. Ensure comprehensive documentation, such as project transfer package, SOP’s, QA plans are provided and fully implemented at relevant tiers.
- Prepare and lead official project onboarding/handover meeting conversation and therewith enable inline development team to successfully incubate AC projects pipeline across categories.
- Collaborate actively with peers across other sourcing location, exchange ideas & best practice examples and adopt best practices within area of responsibility.
- Liaise with Manufacturing AC Apparel and A&G team to identify opportunities and learnings to be adopted for continuous drive in product creation, materials.
- Work closely with selected T1, T2, T3 suppliers to identify commercial obstacles in process and supply chain and provide active solutions towards product commercialization.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with HQ / LO and other key parties as listed below. Encourage performance culture and 3C behaviors internally and externally. Extent brand creativity and innovation mindset across the teams involved.
- Advance Concept HQ teams (Design, Mkt, Dev.), Advance Creation
- Management teams, Footwear Sourcing
- AC Costing, Footwear Sourcing
- Future, Sourcing team
- Material Engineering, Sourcing Incubation team
- Development & Commercialization Teams, Footwear Sourcing
- Product Creation Teams, Brand Operations
- PCT / ME, Footwear Sourcing
- T1 and T2 business partners
- Material, Machinery, Chemical & Technology vendors
- Innovation Management, Advance Creation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University degree preferably in Sports Science, Design or Industrial Engineering.
- 8+ years shoes making, product development or production experience in Footwear industry
- Proven manufacturing expert / product creation master.
- Experience in at least 2 other functions/area beside product creation (e.g. Product Costing, Materials Development, Production or Factory Operations Management
- Good understanding of costing and design for manufacturing/profitability principles.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in personnel management under a diverse culture required.
- Strong ability to create, plan and deliver presentations with good skills.
- Strong communication & influencing skills in fluent spoken and written English and Chinese is preferred for China-based position.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, Project Management, basic operations of Adobe Illustrator, Rhino.