Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Act as “Strategic Business Partner”, “Advisor” and “Leader” to the organization in all relevant legal & Compliance issues. Manage and lead the team to drive legal strategy to enable strategic initiatives and protect the business to ensure a consistent and high standard of legal service.
- Lead the provision of legal services and compliance requirements for business partners and actively participate as a member of the EM SLT team.
- Take a pro-active part in the design and implementation of the execution plan for the EM strategic business plan.
- Build cross market and cross functional networks that can be used to solve complex legal and business problems.
- Maintain a high level of communication with EM management team and contribute to the decision-making process of structuring and developing the local organization. Actively help develop business strategy & initiatives with effective legal support.
- Define organizational structure, set objectives, and manage workloads and results to achieve goals while adopting best practices and achieving continuous process improvement.
- Ensure high employee engagement at every level through effective motivation, coaching, training, and development of personnel in the team.
- Lead the management, negotiation and resolution of legal and business disputes for client groups.
- Drive a compliance culture and ensure all related matters are appropriately handled including all aspects of communication, education, and implementation of the compliance management system and act as local compliance officer.
- Effectively manage and supervise the delivery of legal advice and services through external counsel where needed.
- Support corporate recordkeeping needs for as liaison with Corporate Legal team.
- Drive initiatives and efficient legal & compliance processes and in close alignment with the wider Global Legal team.
- Support EM corporate transactions, including joint ventures, acquisitions, mergers, etc.
- Develop and conduct educational programs and materials for clients as appropriate in relevant legal areas.
- Interacts internally with all levels of organization.
- Key internal clients include: MD – EM and MD’s SLT and their respective SLTs
- All Global Legal function areas.
- Interacts externally with and manages outside counsel and opposing counsel in transactions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent client relations skills with all levels.
- An acute sense of legal business management and administration with an ability to to make practical evaluations of risk.
- Strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong background in contract law, drafting and negotiation, international trade and business counselling.
- Ability to inspire, coach, guide, manage and develop a team.
- Ability to work independently and manage and prioritize substantial and diverse workload.
- Ability to manage and prioritize substantial and diverse workload.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural and ethnical backgrounds.
- Fluent in English and preferably Arabic.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Legal education & professional legal qualification in good standing with 10+ years of broad legal experience in general corporate, transactional and commercial law.
- Preferably experience with multinational companies with multi market teams.