At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To support the Senior Director Legal & Compliance to build up and maintain constructive relationship for employee representatives in collective labor relationship matters as well as to drive trustful and cooperative relations between management and employee representatives to the benefit of the company and its employees. This includes ensuring a coordinated and structured approach towards works council in fulfilling our legal obligations of respecting information and co-determination rights.
- Responsible for providing collective and individual labor law service as well as tariff law service at adidas AG.
- Drive cooperation with employee representation to design, negotiate and agree on defined mutually beneficial collective. Support a harmonized implementation in all relevant locations.
- Drive the Development and align co-determination strategies to respond to changing business needs.
- Create a effective relationship with employee representatives in a digitalized world.
- Take the lead on works council related matters, including drafting and negotiating works council agreements as well as individual labor law related matters.
- Prepare and make recommendations for management to use during company negotiations.
- Advices and works with HRM and CoEs and line managers to ensure compliance with company agreements.
- Consult and align priorities in close collaboration with HRM, Line Manager and Executive Management to get input into aspects of personnel policy and company agreements.
- Support the Senior Director Legal & compliance maintaining a high level of communication with Labor Director, CHRO and HR Management and advice and them on legal changes to promote positive employee relations in the work environment.
- Support the Board, HRM and CoEs on the following subjects
- planning structural changes due to digitalization
- intended company agreements
- planning on new buildings and reconstructions
- planning of technical assets
- planning on working methods and flow of work
- planning on work places
- planning on major organizational changes
- legal cases where works council is in disagreement with us
- Advise HRM on relevant information / co-determination rights of employee representation and actively support HRM in labor law related issues.
- Support Represent the Senior Director Legal & Compliance in actingn as a contact to unions and employer association.
- Oversee and drive the HR policies stated in the Group Policy Manual.
- Work closely with the CoE’s to make sure that newly developed policies are in line with labor law and that co-determinations rights are observed to ensure the basis of a proper implementation.
- Coordinate and act as subject matter expert in all individual labour law cases.
- Provide analysis and solutions, manage activities and set guidelines concerning labor law matters.
- Provide strategic legal advice to Global HR in line with current legislation and needs of the business on a global level.
- Full legal remit in relation to all Labor and Employee Relation topics.
- Train managers inside adidas with regards to German HR labor laws and co-determination rights.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to interact at the highest levels of the company
- An acute sense of business management and administration
- A strong and dedicated understanding towards the Group and customers’ needs
- MS-Office skills, SAP experience is a plus
- Experience in managing complex mid to large size projects within HR
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills to all employees including senior management.
- At least 3 years of people management experience.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Law degree (Zweites Juristisches Staatsexamen)
- At least 7-10 years of progressive experience in Labor Relations or in labor law counseling
- Experience handling complicated employee relations issues including union drives/organizing attempts, discrimination claims, sexual harassment investigations and downsizing.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.