Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation
- Being an inspirational Senior Designer, who is responsible for creating industry leading design solutions in cooperation with our external partner.
- Conceptualize and design ranges in the specific Category
- Maintain design consistency throughout the product line from the direction outlined by Design Director
- Help to create the overall category design direction
- Work closely with Marketing to understand opportunities in the market and the category’s strategic 3 year business plan
- Work closely with Development, Tech Services, and Product Testing to resolve product issues from design packages through commercialization
- Work with athletes and customers as a professional representative of the brand
- Work with factories and suppliers
- Research functional criteria for product and outline area of innovation
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to PowerPoint
- Maintain communication with superiors, and ensure the message is understood within the team
- Insure proper compliance of brand identity marks and usage on product
- Heads of Design…
- Category Designers
- Global Creative Directors
- BU Directors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of functional sportswear products.
- Ability to design for new initiatives and create products with a fresh, innovative perspective.
- Mac skills using Illustrator, Adobe Professional and PhotoShop applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with key business partners.
- Strong conceptual thinking and ability to drive concepts.
- Knowledge of design and material trends, specifically sporting good industry trends.
- Ability to create designs that meet sports category needs and commercial opportunities.
- Ability to effectively present design ideas and concepts.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, ever changing work environment
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in design and four years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 8 years practical experience in design
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)