Provide financial accounting functions to adidas Canada for the adidas DTC business. This position will take the lead in all forecasting, budgeting, reporting and analysis for all aspects of the DTC business (back shop and by store, including all income statement accounts (sales, margin, OPEX, MWB, and royalties), and CAPEX. The role will also perform structured analysis of financial information and produce all required financial and analytical reports for the business. Identification, investigation and resolution of financial issues are an expected function of this role.
Key Responsibilities (Functional):
- Collaborates with GBS in the preparation of the MWB YTD summary, monthly accrual entry and analysis, including promat and coupon accrual entry.
- Facilitates the preparation & timely distribution of all financial reporting to local, regional and global management.
- Participates actively in the cross-functional OTB review meetings to ensure alignment with financial targets.
- Solicit and compile comments to prepare draft monthly management reports and provides an in-depth analysis on variances.
- Creates creative and visual reporting methods tailored to varying levels of the organization.
- Leads the preparation, maintenance and analysis inventory reports and templates required for Turns and OTB/IBP processes and store master data
- Budget and Forecasting
- Performs comparative periodic analysis of actual results vs. Budget/FC
- Works with business managers in the creation and/or revision of budget and forecast.
- Coordinate the update and maintenance of all financial forecast/budget templates.
- Review the GBS update of all financial tools (SAP, GRAPE, excel, etc.) with FC information.
- Prepare submission of monthly forecast and annual budget to local, regional, and group management.
- Prepare regular overviews of financial performance to plan, budget, and prior year; lead reviews with business owners on a monthly and ad-hoc basis. Research and provide creative solutions to ensure KPIs are achieved.
- Financial Analysis
- Prepare monthly advanced analysis of sales performance, margins and OPEX for DTC.
- Prepare monthly analysis of significant variances in Direct OPEX, including suggested action plan.
- Analyze the monthly summary of hourly wage expense.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as requested by local, regional, and group finance
- Preparation of proformas and BPM for review by Senior Finance Manager
- Analyze MWB monthly expense and follow up with the Marketing Manager.
- Manages and oversees the compliance of company polices through the establishment of internal controls and regular testing
- Contribute to the development and documentation of business processes, standardized best practices, and finance and accounting policies to maintain compliance with Internal Controls
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Senior Management, Regional and Global Finance teams, Accounting
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge in finance and accounting and a good level of understanding and experience with business math and wholesale/retail financial analysis.
- Drive and ability to learn new skills and concepts
- Strength in “detail oriented” analysis, with ability to effectively provide strategic summaries.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and investigative skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint competence, along with general computer skills.
- Self-driven and able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Good organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree, or equivalent education and experience, and up to 3 years of related experience.
- Accounting designation/experience or standing in a recognized accounting program.
adidas is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in an interview, accommodations will be made available on request. Please inform the Recruiter of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.