At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Manages the financial performance and delivery of the full P&L for assigned area. Acts as key business partner to the assigned Sales Leader(s). Leads development of strategic planning, financial plans, budgeting, forecasting, ad hoc analysis and expense controlling. Ensures integrity and transparency of performance measurement against plan to assure financial targets are achieved. Provides financial decision support for strategic and tactical decisions. Plays a key role in long term strategic financial planning.
- Provides action-oriented financial guidance and analysis of business plans, targets and controls to influence and support sales management in effective decision-making and the achievement of targeted profitability and sales growth.
- Manage and maintain integrity of the annual budgeting and dynamic forecasting processes
- Drives cross functional alignment on targeting, forecasting, budgeting, reporting and analysis.
- Consistently delivers creative solutions to minimize business risks and maximize business opportunities.
- Ensures financial but also non-financial managers are provided top notch and highly accurate data and insights to drive actionable business decisions.
- Lead and participate in cross functional projects as required
- Ensures appropriate expense management for assigned area.
- Lead analyst team in both performance and support of individual and team growth and development.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge in Finance and/or Accounting and high level understanding and experience with retail math and retail financial drivers.
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex data and develop creative and innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from senior executives, stakeholders, cross functional business leaders, peers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to be detail oriented and manage multiple priorities to accomplish assignments simultaneously under tight timelines.
- High level skills in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Business Objects (or other reporting software).
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Five to seven years experience in financial planning or analysis with progressive responsibility
- Industry specific experience strongly preferred
- Solid accounting skills and experience
- Advanced excel skills required
- Familiarity with SAP and other relevant adidas and industry Finance systems/analytical software a plus
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.