As a Senior Expert Data Governance at adidas Digital Brand Commerce (DBC) you are part of the team that is responsible for the management of all collected and connected consumer data. In this context, you strive for the seamless integration of all gathered information. You support in driving the evolution of our consumer data assets by implementing strategies for data accessibility, quality management, accuracy, security, consistency and availability. You will conduct analyses to help improve the overall data quality.
Scope: Accountable for the development of a defined data governance area and processes
- Manage data governance processes within the assigned scope.
- Support the definition of strategies for data accessibility, quality management, accuracy, consistency, usability, security, and availability to the organization and partners.
- Manage accessibility to data sets for ad hoc analysis, and to governed, operational data for use cases.
- Drive operational data governance projects.
Data Architecture & Repository
- Use appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge across data collection, data feeds, data transformation, data quality and reporting.
- Implement best practice in the development of database concepts, modelling techniques, and data architectures, in order to keep up with the latest trends and innovations in the field of data governance.
Data Analysis, Policy & Compliance
- Derive and document meaningful insights across data collection, data feeds, data transformation and data quality and reporting within the assigned scope.
- Regularly present data analysis findings to stakeholders and peers.
- Implement legal compliance requirements into the existing data structure, processes and work flows.
- Conduct specific privacy analysis assessments based on specialist knowledge.
Coach stakeholders using real situations on their role in handling data and alternative approaches.
Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and DBC objectives.
Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- DBC Senior Management Team (SMT)
- DBC Product Domain leads
- DBC Digital IT Domain leads
- DBC Domain Owners
- Master Data Management Strategy
- Analytics & Data Science team
Education & Professional Experience
- University degree in the field of Business, Technology and/or Engineering
- 8+ years of professional experience in multi-national business environment
- 3-5 years of experience in a Digital and/or eCommerce environment, strong knowledge of the digital industry (products, technologies, solution providers, commercial models, trends)
- Strong understanding data governance processes in a consumer-facing environment
- 3+ years of experience in strategy function, track record of driving data governance strategies from inception to implementation
- 1+ years of experience in managing a team
- Strategic mindset with strong proactive, executional abilities
- Business minded with strong technical background
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Very good communication skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- Very good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to efficiently work in a cross-functional organization, ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders from digital and non-digital disciplines on all levels.
- Advanced understanding of enterprise data management solutions
- Advanced understanding of statistical methods and tools
- Fluent English both verbally and written