At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives. To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
Therefore, the primary purpose of our engineering teams is to engage with our customers in order to deliver the highest possible value for them. This customer serving view is a vital activity for all product teams within Digital IT. Each product team wants to enlighten our customers with the best possible consumer journey as well as by providing innovative ways of engaging with them. The teams implement and deliver world class solutions and tackle the toughest engineering challenges while focusing on the customer, quality and time to market.
Because of its customer centric and quality focused view, Software Engineering team members require excellent development skills, commitment and a real passion to provide the best possible customer experience. People who understand software engineering from the ground and who are driven to apply best practices in order to have outstanding results.
Advice, Guidance & Technical planning
- Technical Specialism
- Maintains knowledge of specific specialisms, provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialised tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
- Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Maintains awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working.
- Within own sphere of influence, works to further organisational goals, by the study and use of emerging technologies and products.
- Contributes to briefings and presentations about their relevance and potential value to the organisation.
Business change implementation
- Requirements Definition and Management
- Defines scope and business priorities for small-scale changes and may assist in larger scale scoping exercises.
- Elicits and discovers requirements from operational management and other stakeholders.
- Selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements.
- Specifies and documents business requirements as directed, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Analyses them for adherence to business objectives and for consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Works with stakeholders to prioritise requirements.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Knowledge in building SPA applications (with one of the libraries: React, Angular, Vue) is desirable.
- Experience in backend integration technologies, experience in some of the next is desirable: APIs, NodeJs.
- Experience with source version control and CI/CD (Git, Gitflow, Bitbucket).
- Having experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Force.com is a plus.
- English language (fluent)
- Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed
- Maintaining focus on agreed objectives and deliverables whatever the circumstances.
- Understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
4-year college or university degree with focus on Information Technology or related area. Or equivalent combination of education and experience
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.