At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Embed and enable the Global Talent Strategy and initiatives to ensure a consistent Talent experience for employees globally to shape the desired adidas culture.
To deliver and execute the Talent Strategy as well as core Talent programs, experiences and services to respective HR Partners (80% CORE). Drive non-core & functional Talent initiatives in collaboration with the Talent Product Expert Teams and the Talent Partner network (20%). Support and enable HR Partners on Core Talent products and services that can be offered to their business areas.
Establish and maintain the Market Talent Business Strategy that activates “build or buy” solutions for critical roles.
- Point of contact for the respective HR Leadership team and HR Partners in regards to all HR Talent related programs and services. Responsible for the talent strategy specifically for that market or global function (aligned with global direction).
- In cooperation with the HR Partners ensure consistent, timely and seamless delivery and implementation of all Talent global core programs and solutions derived from the HR & Talent Strategy across the respective business function. Enable HR Partners to consult their support areas on all core products and services.
- Drive the overall Market Talent Business Strategy by leading the strategic planning for ongoing “Build or Buy” priorities and solutions. Provide Strategic insights to Talent Acquisition partners for critical roles.
- Analyze business demands and consult HR Partners with tailored Talent solutions (non-core) for the identified business demands. Design and drive the implementation of non-core products and services in respective support area.
- Ensure efficiency and consistency of non-core programs and services across businesses and Markets by leveraging best practices from the Talent Partner network across the globe.
- Ambassador of the Talent Strategy and partners with HR Leadership team to foster cultural change within the adidas Group
- Liaise with OD on Cultural Change initiatives. Support the activation and embedding of the 3 C's of the adidas Group (Confidence, Collaboration, Creativity) in the respective business support area.
- Provide outside-in perspective (from Business / HR Partners into HR Talent) and contribute to the creation of integrated HR Talent products & services.
- Consult HR Partners on strategic workforce planning. Use analytics to derive insights into addressed needs. Identify resources, capabilities and learning offers needed in the business and provide recommendations for resource and headcount planning. Loop back with HR Talent Expert and Solutions team.
- Consult HR Partners to have high quality career counseling conversations and development conversations with their customers (co-share the development of IDPs for Top Talents).
- In cooperation with the HR Partners co-facilitate workshops and meetings (e.g. Succession & Talent Conferences, Team development workshops etc.).
- Conduct trainings to HR Partners and Line Managers around feedback and coaching.
- Support the development of the Leadership Bench for the future in cooperation with the Leadership Development Team and HR Partners.
- Contribute to coordination and prioritization of Talent projects from an HR Partner perspective. Act as the voice of the various customer groups (HR Partners and business) to loop it back into the Talent team. Encourage communication inside the Talent team: new demand coming in, availability of HR Talent resources, creating broad network across Talent teams, foster knowledge exchange and best practice sharing across all Talent teams.
- Monitor customer-specific (non-core) initiatives by providing status reporting to HR Partners and with Talent organization. Assures process and execution quality through regular reporting (e.g. defined standards, schedules and metrics).
Market/Function HRSLT and Leadership Team
Market/Function HRMs and Business leaders
Market/Function Talent Acquisition Teams
Global and Local Talent Teams:
Strategic Talent PMO
People Development and Learning
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Talent Capabilities: Generalist with cross-functional experience in all Talent areas (Talent Management, Leadership & Learning, Organizational Development); strong knowledge of the Talent core processes.
- Business Capabilities: Commercial Awareness, customer focus, ability to align Talent, HR Strategy & Business Strategy.
- Strong Consulting skills to drive and enable fact based “Build or Buy” decisions that future proofs the Talent/Business Plan. Act as internal consultant to HRD and TA on activating the needed priorities.
- Consulting Capabilities: Advanced facilitation skills and strong internal consulting skills; diagnostic skills with ability to analyses the situation and provide solutions, ideally Certified Coach; basic Program Design skills, ability to build trustful relationships with key stakeholders and HR Partners, consulting mindset with strong executional skills.
- Ability to think and act strategically as well as operationally.
- Strong team player with relevant working experience in a global matrix organization.
- Strong customer orientation, confidence to manage demand, HR Leadership team and expectations and ability to operate on senior hierarchical levels (stakeholder management).
- Articulate and clear in written and verbal communication; engaging presentations to large groups and teams. Provides ideas and thought leadership on people topics. Confident, creative and collaborative and role models this within the team, coaching others across the team.
- Strong Presentation to all employees including senior management and excellent networking skills.
- Shows deep understanding of the overall strategy and derived goals. Translates goals in actionable projects or tasks.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ work experience in Talent Management, Leadership & Learning, Organizational Development or relevant field.
- International experience and mindset.
- Fluent in English, ideally in other languages.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.