Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Manage all APAC Supply Chain Management responsibilities related to the strategic process, development, implementation and execution of Global SCM Strategy and Initiatives. The APAC SCM strategy must complement the commercial strategic direction, enabling SCM to be seen as an indispensable partner for future business success.
- Lead the execution of a 5-year rolling strategic roadmap for the APAC SCM organization.
- Lead, influence and manage the alignment of both commercial and Global Operations short term and strategic goals working with the Business Development, Key Accounts and the Direct to Consumer management teams.
- Direct the identification, prioritization and delivery of the APAC local initiative portfolio. Ensuring business cases, timelines and deliverables are in line with the APAC business objectives.
- Lead & direct the development of the suite of supply models required to optimize the Supply Chain with regards to availability, cost, inventory and service across APAC market.
- Direct the development of centralized support activities across APAC SCM functions to fully leverage the scale, maximize our investments and reinforce ‘one version of the truth’ principles.
- Develop strong working relationships and communication lines across the complete supply network, that ensures effective communication and consistency between expectations and capabilities.
- Develop a strong team, provide training, coaching, professional growth and career planning to ensure organisational health and success. Ensure robust succession plans for own and first line roles are actively maintained and used.
- SVP SCM APAC & GCA
- Purchasing, OF, Customer Fulfillment, DC operations, IT heads
- APAC Market SCM Heads
- APAC Business Development team
- Global Supply Planning team
- GOPS S&P Team
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong grasp of Supply Chain principles and functional operating practices
- Able to formulate and socialize a strategy based on fact and analysis and translate it into action
- Able to manage and prioritize a portfolio of several initiatives
- Able to develop trusting, collaborative relationships with operational partners
- Able to interact and influence at the highest levels of the market organization and potentially with adidas Group customers
- Exemplary presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong team player with proven ability to work cross functionally to achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to coach, guide, manage and develop direct reports and team members across multiple locations
Requisite Education and Experience:
- University level degree, usually in Business or Engineering, required – with MBA preferred.
- 10-12 years of supply chain management experience in progressively senior positions, operations experience an asset
- Background in FMCG or packaged goods industry and/or strategic and supply chain consulting
- Demonstrated ability of managing cost performance, supply/demand forecasting & distribution execution for a broad product range across multiple locations
- Certifications such as those in Six Sigma, Operations or Inventory Management a plus