Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Manage all European Supply Chain Management responsibilities related to the strategic process, development, implementation and execution of an SCM Strategy. The Europe SCM strategy must complement the commercial strategic direction, enabling SCM to be seen as an indispensable partner for future business success.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a 3-year rolling strategic roadmap for the Europe SCM organization.
- Lead, influence and manage the alignment of both commercial and Global Operations short-term and strategic goals working with Business Development, Key Accounts, eCommerce and Retail management teams.
- Direct the identification, prioritization and delivery of the Europe SCM project portfolio. Ensuring business cases, timelines and deliverables are in line with the Europe SCM business objectives.
- Lead & direct the development of the suite of supply models required to optimize the Supply Chain with regards to availability, cost, inventory and service. Support the application to other markets.
- Work alongside the Key Account & Consumer Direct teams to develop and manage supply-side initiatives that optimize the existing supply chain to suit specific customer / channel requirements. Secure full support and buy-in for these initiatives.
- Direct the development of centralized support activities across Europe SCM functions to fully leverage our scale, maximize our investments and reinforce ‘one version of the truth’ principles.
- Develop strong working relationships and communication lines across the complete supply network to ensure effective communication and consistency between expectations and capabilities.
- Develop a strong team, provide training, coaching, professional growth and career planning to ensure organizational health and success. Ensure robust succession plans for own- and first-line roles are actively maintained and used.
- SVP Europe SCM
- Europe SCM Senior Directors (Product Supply, Order Fulfillment, Market Operations & Optimization, DC Operations & Transport, Omnichannel Operations)
- Europe Senior Management Team
- Europe Strategy & Business Development team
- Global IT
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong grasp of Supply Chain principles and functional operating practices
- Able to formulate and socialize a strategy based on fact and analysis and translate it into action
- Able to manage and prioritize a portfolio of several projects
- Able to develop trusting, collaborative relationships with operational partners
- Able to interact and influence at the highest levels of the market organization and potentially with adidas Group customers
- Exemplary presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong team player with proven ability to work cross functionally to achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to coach, guide, manage and develop direct reports and team members across multiple locations
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University level degree, usually in Business or Engineering, required – with MBA preferred.
- 10-12 years of supply chain management experience in progressively senior positions, operations experience an asset
- Background in FMCG or packaged goods industry and/or strategic and supply chain consulting
- Demonstrated ability of managing cost performance, supply/demand forecasting & distribution execution for a broad product range across multiple locations
- Certifications such as those in Six Sigma, Operations or Inventory Management a plus
- Travel Requirement: 5%