Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Support development of global directions through input from local country/cluster with focus on in-store execution
- Drive best practice implementation in one Asia-Pacific Markets together with Markets based on defined priorities
- Engage regularly with Country/Cluster to drive Retail Execution across APAC to next level
- Develop key annual initiatives and priorities in store to drive sales and brand strategies with specific focus around: Retail NXT, Consumer Service, Consumer Experience in stores, Staff Productivity and Retail Productivity/Profitability)
- Drive key APAC wide initiatives to ensure Business is ready for 2020 ambitions (specifically EMM Every Moment Matters and Model Store)
- Oversee the regular release and update of Global Store Operations Manuals and Policies.
- Drive continuous improvement of retail processes, systems and capabilities.
- Constantly review all process and procedures to reduce complexity and improve productivity
- Develop, implement, review and monitor retail operating plans
- Lead in devising reports to track operational KPIs and drive retail operations priorities
- Track and benchmark C/C performance, identify areas in need of support and develop projects with the markets’ retail operations teams to improve overall performance
- Subject matter expert on Global Retail Standard Operation procedures in ensuring full implementation and tracking of the Global Store Operations policy framework
- Drive Omni channel mindset in stores and enable teams on usage of Omni channel tools to the full extent
- Lead in driving people performance incentives through planning sales incentives and staff motivation programs
- Participate in group business planning and monitor results and policies of competitive organizations when preparing future plans and strategies
- APAC DTC team
- C/C DTC team with specific focus on Store Operations Teams
- Global DTC team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and implement strategy
- Proven leadership and management abilities especially in managing a diverse team (incl. remote management)
- Strong presentation/communication, negotiation and influencing skills, especially with senior stakeholders within a global matrix organization.
- Broad retail operations experience.
- Strong cross-functional and stakeholder management experience across commercial functions (e.g. marketing, sales, etc.) and support functions (finance preferred), as well as different organizational levels (Global, Market, etc.)
- Expert understanding of Asian markets’ consumers, economic environment and commercial needs
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 8- 10 years of experience in retail operation management. Regional experience preferred.
- University degree in Business or equivalent professional experience, ideally in Sales and/or Marketing, MBA preferred
- Previous experience in managing a global matrix organization required
- Sporting goods industry experience required
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in local language (if applicable) preferred
- Has lived and worked in different cultures or has substantial experience working in regional teams
- Willingness to travel upwards of 20% of time