PURPOSE & IMPACT ON ORGANIZATION:
- Senior Director Retail & Franchise Operations (RD) is responsible for driving business of own retail and franchise stores within assigned region/zone with focus on delivering best brand and consumer experience.
- Ensures execution of retail & franchise strategy with clear objective to deliver defined financial and retail KPIs and goals within integrated market place.
- Leads the team of District Managers and Franchise Director towards defined targets, creates customer service culture with them and drives implementation and maintenance of excellent operational and brand standards in stores.
- Is leading example of retail knowledge and customer service focus, understands dynamic retail environment in omnichannel perspective and franchise business model in connection to wholesale organization.
- Represents the adidas brand/company brands and products in inspiring and impactful way. Amplifies the brand with every decision and every action.
- Ensures close collaboration with VP Retail Operations Europe, Zone GM and retail and franchise back office functions to deliver implementation of strategic actions and projects for the stores, store teams and in the market.
- RD is targeted with financial and retail KPIs and goals for assigned region/zone, with focus on NS and Profit, along with strong focus on cost management.
- RD is responsible and accountable to deliver P&L targets for both channels, retail and franchise, in defined time with teams (retail & franchise).
- RD supervises allocations of all resources within the assigned region/zone within retail to provide consumers with a leading shopping experience and driving positive store experience NPS results.
- RD supervises allocations of resources in franchise channel according to Franchise Strategy, TT policy and Franchise contract framework to provide Franchise partners tools and support required to deliver leading shopping experience in stores
- RD drives synergies between retail and franchise channel along with strategy defined for both channels and in collaboration with retail and franchise/wholesale organization.
- RD ensures operations of retail and franchise stores are compliant within established policies, procedures, initiatives and directives.
Sales and Business:
- Accountability and understanding of retail KPIs and financial KPIs, driving management of region/zone, channels and stores’ P&L towards defined targeted KPIs.
- Ability to diagnose and address strengths, opportunities and efficiencies and create and drive action plan to deliver upon it.
- Leading and coaching team of District Managers and Franchise Director to ensure delivering sales, retail, franchise, financial and NPS KPIs, while supervising management of costs and expenses to deliver profitability targets.
- Understanding different concepts, strategic importance of the channels and stores areas, understanding stores’ environments and connections to other adidas/brands consumer touchpoints within area and store locations (online, omnichannel, trade zone, key city, communities etc.) Based on that think broadly when setting the direction team.
- Ensuring execution of a visionary well thought out business plans for the channels, trade zones, stores and thrive to achieve objectives, deliverables and timelines of the plan.
- Provide regular input to the VP Retail Operations, Retail Europe SLT, Zone GM and collaborate with different back office functions (Retail Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Merchandising & Allocations, Supply Chain, Profit Protection, Business Solutions/IT, Human Resources, Store Development, Retail Facility Management, Sales, Omnichannel, Brand, Finance) to achieve sales, channel & brand ambition.
- Ensures execution and focus on consumer satisfaction via experience NPS process and improvements to reach excellent NPS score in the stores in both channels.
- Ensure execution of omnichannel consumer journey experience and implementation to create high quality consumer service in stores and accountability within District and Franchise team.
- Supervises improvements of processes within operations of stores, omnichannel capabilities (Ship from Store, Endless aisle, Click&Collect) and other innovations.
- Being active part in feedback loops with retail and sales back-office functions and stakeholders within assigned projects to be regular ‘voice of consumer’ for improvement of retail operations and retail & franchise channel.
- Know how to set priorities in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines and show the necessary resilience.
Operations and Process:
- Understand and then lead consistent implementation of retail and franchise strategy, operations standards, brand & visual merchandising standards, audit, health & safety, internal control and loss prevention policies and procedures in compliance with Global and Europe retail operations policy, Franchise operations policy and procedure foundation (SOM, House of Retail).
- Lead team accordingly about consistent implementation and usage of all applications, programs, tools, projects to drive performance and continuous improvements, still with focus on consumer-facing activities and having consumer-first mindset.
- Ensures allocation of sources for back of house (BoH) and in front of house (FoH, shopfloor) activities in both channels, review with team regularly allocation of sources and teams/store teams set-up accordingly to ensure stores and teams are focused on relevant activities towards consumers.
- Ensures preparation and implementation of plans and activities, control allocation of sources and costs efficiently to maximize key commercial moments, events, product launches.
- Manage and coordinate assigned projects in the area on retail operations (opening, relocation, closure, remodel) in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders and functions involved, both in retail and wholesale organization.
- Collaborates and actively participates in assigned projects from zone, Retail Europe or other functions (e.g. Key City, Brand, Omnichannel) if assigned or required.
- Actively participate on shopfloor and consumer-facing activities, ideally during strong commercial periods/moments.
- Manage multiple responsibilities at same time, whilst remaining focused on the consumer.
Teamwork and Leadership:
- Lead and partner with the team and functions to build and role model collaborative environment by the establishment of clear shared goals, involving others in the decision-making process and building productive relationships.
- Leverage available tools to manage performance of team members (Mybest People Management tool), succession, recruiting, hiring and development & talent management activities, resulting in high employee engagement enabling a learn and grow culture.
- Promote a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations, holding employees accountable, creating an effective and efficient work environment, and setting goals that focus the team on key drivers that impact success
- Create, control, foster clear accountability for training and implementation of training plans in stores in all designated areas, including business, operations, sales/customer service, visual merchandising, while also coordinating with back office and supportive functions that all stores are trained in respective areas using efficient tools.
- Ensure timely completion of all record keeping associated with applications, new hires, payroll, performance appraisals, salary reviews, counselling, disciplinary actions and terminations and support team in this area accordingly, partner with HR partner according to needs and along with defined process & policies.
- Lead as an example of leadership framework and coach team on understanding behaviors of leadership framework of confidence, collaboration and creativity.
Customer Service, Brand & Product:
- Ensure consistent execution and implementation of brand and retail operations standards in retail and franchise channel and allocation of resources, activities and processes to deliver an exceptional consumer experience.
- Act as a brand ambassador and role model of the adidas/company brand/brands & values.
- Create a vibrant service and sales culture, grow team and operate in a customer-centric way to deliver sustained service and commercial performance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Consumer-first mindset.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence across different levels and departments, internally and externally.
- Strong ability to understand and use financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes.
- Ability to use critical thinking and creative ways to solve problems.
- Ability to make recommendations that effectively resolve challenging situation considering consistency with standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Comfortable with working in a matrix organization, dynamic retail environment.
- Performance / results driven attitude, open to change and act as advocate for the ‘new’, creative and collaborative mindset.
- Open to feedback; able to keep composure in stressful situations.
- Well organized, agile and flexible in combining work & travel duties.
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Passion for adidas brand/company brands, passion for sport.
- Proficient with MS applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other computer software (Internet, POS Systems, etc)
(Minimum required education and experience):
- University Degree in Business (ideally in management or marketing or sales).
- Retail and ideally also Franchise experience.
- Retail expert with demonstrated business management skills and P&L ownership, or comparable business operations experience.
- Franchise knowledge ideally experience with franchise / wholesale business model.
- Strong team leadership experience.
- Min 5 years of retail management experience.
- Team – player and performance/results driven mindset.
- Experience in working with digital tools and online systems, remotely.
- English fluent (speaking, reading, writing) and fluency in another language is highly desirable.