Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Platforms play a key strategic role in accelerating our digital brand eCommerce strategy in China. Winning on these platforms through our flagship stores while delivering a premium end-to-end consumer experience will be key to success for this role.
As Senior Director Platforms, you will be responsible and accountable to manage all the core functional capability pillars of Platform Strategy and end-to-end Platform flagship store management including Key account management with senior leadership team of Platforms, partnership with key stakeholders of all functions in platforms, leadership to drive the digital transformation needed internally in adidas to fully leverage the platform opportunity & capabilities including the traffic management.
You are expected to build & lead the platform organization to deliver the signed-off digital roadmap ambitions for 2020.
- Lead & accountable to drive the key account relationship with Platforms (Tmall/JD) SMT & teams
- Lead & accountable to deliver the signed-off digital roadmap ambitions for 2020. Accountable for end-to-end platform flagship store management to deliver annual platforms commercial targets.
- Lead & accountable for shop management including TP/vendor management, Campaign management, Traffic management, Platform site design/feature/innovation management
- Responsible for managing the Media agency to drive platform performance & traffic marketing including the phasing and management of eCommerce traffic MWB.
- Leadership and management: recruit, build, manage and motivate a team of channel managers & experts responsible for managing our day-to-day business
- Lead, drive & own the communication with all internal stakeholders including brand marketing teams in adidas to drive the premium shopping experience on platforms.
- Lead, manage & steer the platform needs with key eCommerce functions line Buying, Digital Analytics, Digital Operations, Consumer Service & Program Delivery functions.
- Lead & drive regular communication with adidas senior management teams with reporting, analysis and optimisation of platform performance with key levers and opportunities for improvements.
- Lead the interaction & communication with the leadership teams of China Digital Hub to input, brief & execution of all capability enhancements needed for building a sustainable platform strategy.
- Lead & manage our external agencies & technology partners to meet agreed targets.
- Platform Senior management teams
- Platform marketing teams
- adidas Brand & Brand Activation teams
- Digital Hub
- eCommerce Buying team
- eCommerce Digital Operations team
- eCommerce Business Planning & Analytics team
- Media planning & buying agency (Mediacom)
- External agencies and technology partners (e.g. TMall, JD.Com, TPs, iProspect, Runbow, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree required, with 15+ years in consumer industry with at least 5 years in management role in eCom business
- Strong partnership with TMALL & JD
- Experience in planning and managing large budgets across channels while achieving high volume growth targets.
- Strong strategic thinking and daily running business skillset to achieve the tremendously performance.
- Ambitious and results & profit oriented.
- Curious and passionate about eCommerce and the contribution of the different traffic channels. You live and breathe it. You are comfortable with the rapid evolution of eCommerce technology and are excited to continue to develop and enhance your knowledge, skills and experience. Experience with attribution modelling is a plus.
- MNC background and sensitive in cross-culture environment
- Strong (written and verbal) communication and interpersonal skills. Collaborative, able to build strong relationships quickly.
- Excellent English language skills.