adidas’ people strategy defines and inspires the organisational culture necessary to achieving the realisation of the Group’s ‘Creating the New strategy’, which will enable adidas, through its culture, into the best sports brand in the World.
The Senior Director – Global Executive Search, reporting to the Global VP – Talent Acquisition, will lead a global team responsible for the successful attraction, assessment and acquisition of leadership talent for the company across the globe.
The role will lead relationships at the highest levels of the organisation including the Executive Board, the global HR senior leadership team (HRSLT), regional talent acquisition leads and executive-level internal and external talents.
The role will be responsible for the conception, creation and execution of a best in-class executive search process, whilst leading a dedicated and passionate team of recruiters for the best sports brand in the world.
Key Recruiting Responsibilities
- Assess and elevate the global executive function and team to ensure operating at global best practice, delivering an exceptional candidate experience and ensuring our brand is accurately reflected.
- Partner with Executive Board members, Business Leaders, Regional TA leaders, and HR leaders to understand talent gaps around the global relative to current and future talent needs for executive-level roles (M1 and above) and build internal and external recruitment strategies to deliver top executive talent.
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion is the foundation of each search undertaken
- Strengthen our executive assessment processes by gaining a deep understanding of the requirements of each role, creating weighted scorecards, ensuring consistent and planned assessment/interview workflows, and utilizing assessment tools to ensure that we hire the best available talent who will excel in our culture
- Manage the global Executive Search team including hiring, development, performance, structure, and workflow.
- Be a trusted talent advisor and provide consultative support on all aspects of executive level recruitment to senior business leaders, global search and regional recruitment teams to consistency upgrade teams and leadership capability with every hire.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop a customized search strategy and process for business-critical positions, supported by the TA Sourcing and Research function as required. Work with external search and research firms as needed.
- Partner with Talent organization, HR and business leadership to understand succession gaps and identify internal and external candidates for current and future executive level opportunities. Ensure succession plans, Hi-Po lists, etc. are fully leveraged at the beginning of each search.
- Play a key role as a member of the global talent acquisition leadership team to support the overall global TA strategy and objectives.
- Leverage data, trends, surveys, and business feedback to ensure continuous improvement.
- Manage and conduct other critical executive recruitment projects as required.
- Participate in all aspects of executive level recruitment including networking, assessment and offer negotiation where needed.
- Review and communicate executive reports relating to executive hiring.
- Vice President of Global Talent Acquisition
- Executive Board Members and the Strategy Office
- HR Senior Leader Team Members
- Business Leaders and HR Business Partners (in Markets, Functions, Brands)
- Other HR Leaders and Talent Organization
Knowledge & Skill Abilities
- Being a creative talent hunter and serial networker who thrives in a fast moving, global environment.
- Curious and love gaining deep insight into how teams run, their key opportunities/challenges and the talent needed to continuously drive growth and performance.
- Skilled at deep talent assessment to masterfully top-grade, calibrate and influence hiring decisions.
- Proven team leadership on a global/regional level
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize team workload.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and senior level client management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and good overall computer skills.
- Experience using ATS/CRM recruiting systems and online recruiting resources (i.e. Linked In).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment and deal with regular change.
- Experience sourcing and recruiting executive level candidates through a broad range of contemporary sourcing channels.
- Overall knowledge of search and research processes, job boards and job advertising and candidate marketing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and lead executive recruiters towards achieving their objectives.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven personal performance in achieving goals and standards.
- BS/BA Degree
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in recruiting (search and/or in-house recruitment)
- Minimum 7 years of recruiting executive level candidates, ideally for a global, publicly-listed organization or search firm.
- Minimum 5 years managing executive recruiters and both strategic and operational projects to achieve organizational goals.
- Extensive experience with leadership assessment tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience being a coach and guiding candidates through career changing decisions
- Proven knowledge of the consumer/retail industry (sports, footwear, and apparel industry ideal), adidas Group brand and products, functional expertise across multiple business units and a strong understanding of global executive recruiting trends.
- Global, executive-level network.