Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Support development of global directions through input from market / local country/cluster with focus on Franchise store execution.
- Drive best practice implementation in one Asia-Pacific Markets together with Markets based on defined priorities
- Engage regularly with Country/Cluster to drive franchise Execution across APAC to next level
- Bridge capability and consumer experience gaps between own Retail and Franchise to deliver a consistent premium consumer experience.
- Raise the operational standards to support adidas’ 2020 strategy, business priorities and ensure there are systems in place to build a customer centric business focus within the franchise network
- Guide, support and coach C/C team to implement/execute programs and tools to achieve agreed targets and KPI’s with specific focus on retail Next , consumer service, consumer experience and partner and adidas profitability.
- Drive the BLR franchise business in APAC.
- Take the leading role in building a strong retail operations management culture, providing advices and guidance when needed
- Lead cross functional customer support projects, track business results of these customer support projects and identify business opportunities and drive for constant growth
- Facilitate best practice sharing between functions and regions, define scalable processes
- Translate the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and conversions,
- Collect, review, adjust best practices and learnings to ensure the full implementation of induction retail operation tools and programs
- Adapt and pilot global tools and process, facilitate best practice sharing among regions.
- Develop and pilot additional retail tools and processes, guidelines
- Maintain up to date knowledge of retail market place, competitors and trends; generate ideas about future retail activities
- Develop an effective network of communication across C/C to ensure shared knowledge of best practices and understanding of business activities on national level
- Encourage team to seek and continuously develop knowledge based on franchisee activities and C/C conditions, with the purpose of making appropriate and innovative business recommendations to improve and enhance sales through performance and achieve KPI targets achievements.
- APAC DTC team
- APAC Wholesale team
- C/C Wholesale team
- Global DTC team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and implement strategy
- Proven leadership and management abilities especially in managing a diverse team (incl. remote management)
- Strong presentation/communication, negotiation and influencing skills, especially with senior stakeholders within a global matrix organization.
- Broad franchise operations experience.
- Strong cross-functional and stakeholder management experience across commercial functions (e.g. marketing, sales, etc.) and support functions (finance preferred), as well as different organizational levels (Global, Market, etc.)
- Expert understanding of Asian markets’ consumers, accounts, economic environment and commercial needs
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 8- 10 years of experience in retail operation management with Franchisees. Regional experience preferred.
- University degree in Business or equivalent professional experience, ideally in Sales and/or Marketing, MBA preferred
- Previous experience in managing a global matrix organization required
- Sporting goods industry experience required
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in local language (if applicable) preferred
- Has lived and worked in different cultures or has substantial experience working in regional teams
Willingness to travel upwards of 20% of time