Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Responsible for leading the growth of your channel, accountable for improving financial performance of your own accounts, and able to drive responsible growth through local teams and their accounts
- You will be a key stakeholder in defining “where to play”, and be responsible for establishing the methodology of how we identify and develop (new and existing) digital winning partners with which we build strategic relationships to secure our digital future
- Responsible for building and leading the strategy for “how to win” with our partners and be the expert in defining and educating the organisation on our digital growth levers.
- You will lead the transformation across the organisation by establishing new ways of working that define how we select, partner and grow with our top digital players
- You will work with global functions and market leadership to identify and address the opportunities to accelerate growth
- Develop and secure relevant consumer propositions for online, web / app performance, and digital enabled business models (range, assortment, merchandising, supply chain etc) that deliver digital sales profitability & market share growth for the accounts you are responsible for globally and for the markets that your community lead locally
- Be accountable for financial performance, driving consistent, competitive, profitable and responsible growth
- Play a key role in working with Market Commercial and Wholesale Leads to define strategic, organisation and process changes to ensure we win in digital
- You will identify how we best leverage existing and identify and lead when we need to create mutually beneficial new “selling” assets and capabilities for digital sales. (own and wholesale)
- Your team will own the development and implementation of the KAs strategy for the Top KAs globally
- You will lead major customer initiatives that create value for our strategic partners
- You will develop effective collaboration models between KA teams (globally and locally) leading to KA sales growth
- Your team will partner the relevant KA teams in the markets in achieving profitable market share and company goals through best practice sharing, system enhancement, tools and process harmonization/ improvement.
- Ensure that tracking, analysis and reporting on the Top KA, providing relevant and frequent updates to key stakeholders across the company, ie, Group CEO, Board members, relevant senior leaders
- Build and maintain sustainable long-term growth plans strategies of both brands (adidas and Reebok) within each KA through partnerships, in conjunction with the Sales Leads and Sales Development teams in the market.
- Organize, lead and demonstrate expertise in key forums (e.g. Customer Meetings, Sales Directors’ meetings, KA meetings, WHS Operations sessions)
- Build the talent and capability within the team and help to drive the change across the wider organization (resourcing and skills needs to win in digital)
- Raise the roof on eCommerce best practice & ways of working across the Sales & Brand organization
- Global: SVP Global Sales, SVP DBC, Wholesale teams like Operations, Sales Development, WHS Business Dev, Go To Market Functions, Direct to Consumer teams, Digital Sales Solutions, Group functions like Finance, Supply Chain, Digital Analytics
- Markets: MD’s, Commercial Leads, Sales Directors, Heads of KA, Top KA Directors, Business Dev, Group functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 8+ years eCommerce (combination of own eCom and retailer.com) – a proven track record of sustainably growing a digital business (strong financial and biz acumen)
- experience of building brands digitally, managing digital performance
- working knowledge of key online platform/ media KPIs and associated analytics
- Excellent negotiation skills, the ability to influence and have impact, creatively craft and build brands and businesses
- Consumer and customer obsessed with a deep understanding of both the retail customers you serve, as well as your end-consumer so that you can tap into consumer demand and customer opportunities as they arise
- Can think big and not afraid to challenge the status quo or adopt a better, bolder way of doing things to grow the business. You will need to keep an eye out for opportunities, and be able to make a compelling case to your management or senior leadership at your customer to make your ideas a reality
- Develop effective collaboration and communication models across Global and local teams to ensure alignment and drive of Omnichannel mindset, leading to sustainable digital growth with our Top Online Accounts.
- Demonstrate excellent business judgment: Assess every situation holistically and make thoughtful tradeoffs. Use your instincts, but seek the right input to refine your own judgment
- Results orientated, with a bias for action and quick results, and an ability to find thoughtful solutions which you will role your sleeves up and implement
- Ability to energize and mobilize people around a vision, creating energy and momentum in the face of change.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Business: minimum 10-12 years (of which at least 6 should be in digital sales / eCommerce)
- Cross-functional experience ideally with marketing / sales / finance in eCom
- Industry: sporting goods / retail / consumer goods
- Excellent English both verbal and written