Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
Development, Management and Controlling of the overall strategy, standards, PMO, data and commercial management for the CRE function of the adidas AG focusing on office buildings, warehouses/DC’s, showrooms, etc.
- Working in close cooperation with the regional adidas CRE organisation to prepare concepts, standards and requirements for key real estate initiatives in combination with the local CRE resources
- Support the strategic real estate portfolio plan and realize the global strategy in the markets
- Act as the Lead for all standards and operating model for CRE
- Close cooperation with the VP CRE regarding all the tracking of all global projects and initiatives
- Drive the operating model for the initiation, transaction, design and execuition of real estate projects (site selection, acquisitions, construction, dispositions, relocations, etc.) based on the strategic plan, portfolio reviews or on an ad hoc basis based on business needs.
- Identify the need for long term relationships with external resources (in particular design and project management) and tender / contract them accordingly with MSA’s.
- Coordinate activities and communicate effectively with appropriate stakeholders and regional Corporate Real Estate managers
- Working with the business units and finance to develop the annual Capital Budget and Operating Budgets.
- Develop key performance indicators for the portfolio, specifically, occupancy and financial metrics at a property level and portfolio level. Identify opportunities to improve the Group’s real estate position globally.
- Close alignment with the Global workplaces department in the development and realization of real estate projects to achieve optimal costs effectiveness (myArena, sustainability, maintenance and running costs, etc.)
- Drive, implement and improve the project management office to ensure a transparent overview of all ongoing project
- Drive, implement and improve the co-star system as the one version of truth for all CRE leases and the accurate data base for the portfolio reviews
- Own the internalk real estate data,censure its accuracy and utilize it to allow fast, fact based decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English and German
- Significant experience with budgeting, strategic planning, project management and project financial analysis
- Significant understanding of construction related costs and the optimization of contracts and construction costs
- Significant experience in the area of corporate real estate management especially in the areas of portfolio management, PMO, RE strategy, construction standards and Workplace design
- Comfortable in a matrixes organization with a variety of stakeholders
- Self-motivated and has strong ability to take the initiative to achieve business goals
- Significant experience in leading multiple teams
- Significant experience in multi-project management
- Some travel (20%) will be required
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- 10-15 years of experience in the design, construction and management of large scale real estate projects, especially offices, DC’s and showrooms
- University Degree in Architecture, Engineering or equivalent experience