At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose: Shape, steer, develop & implement the creative direction for the brand horizontally to become design leader in the industry. Direct & Lead Global Color, Print/Pattern Organisation across the brand horizontally. Partner with CD leadership Sr. Director of Global Apparel & Footwear Materials on the advanced material toolbox in dialogue with the color toolbox & quarterly roll out. Direct, Inform, & implement together across creative direction in collaboration with BU CMG & product design disciplines.
- Establish, maintain, and nurture the creative direction through strategies that can translate consumer research and innovation advances in a visually consistent manner.
- Identify cultural, sport, lifestyle, & design trends in order to influence & shape the future creative direction & innovation platform opportunities. Partner with key stakeholders (head of Trend, Future, Adv Concepts, Brand Design) to apply seasonal and long-term trend strategies for implementation into key concepts, product ranges, & horizontal brand planning to build a more clear brand narrative, & increase brand recognition.
- Maintain Strategic Plans for Color, Material, Branding, and Visual language in coordination with Creative Director & Creative Direction leadership team(s).
- Create, Steer ,Align, and lead the Color, Print & Patter (with the Material Strategy) for the brand & group. Ensure holistic Color, Print/Pattern Language & Material Concepts across different Business Units , Design Disciplines for Apparel, Footwear, Accessories & horizontal brand functions.
- Sign off on overall color strategy for adidas.
- Sign off on overall print/pattern strategy for adidas.
- Ensure the right set up of the Color & Pattern/Print team to lead & implement a horizontal process.
- Ensure Color, Material, Trend implementation to be a strong competitive differentiator in the market.
- Direct & Lead Strategic Color /Advanced Material Concepts including Print/Pattern across all design/horizontal design disciplines to create merchandising opportunities with consistent visual alignment. Guide/Lead & Orchestrate among key stakeholders in Future, CTC, & Retail. for maximum impact.
- Inform, Recognize, and include diverse category business, market, and consumer needs among business functions.
- Lead partnership across horizontal CD with BU stakeholders to ensure market & distribution opportunities are achieved with success through color, print/pattern excellence.
- Implement horizontal brand & key seasonal strategies to achieve sustainability and environmental targets across all categories and BU's. This includes product excellence and “making more with less” with reduction, clarity, & discipline.
- Ensure continuous exchange of relevant color & print/pattern information between the business units, co-headquarters (HZA & PDX, SLD) & Creation Centers (CCS, CCT, CCSP). Find more synergies within the ranges & global creative direction culture.
- Develop a succession plan for future leaders between both Color, Print/Pattern.
- Direct and curate visual tools and presentations for Color, Materials, Pattern/Print inclusive of Trend & Insights. This will be both physical & digital toolboxes seasonally. Enhance a more tangible Creative Direction experience.
- Lead Seasonal Milestone events together among Trend, Color, Materials, & Graphics in conjunction with BU category stakeholders to shape, ideate, and curate the final seasonal brand guidelines from Creative Direction brand & function wide.
- Ensure constant collaboration & upskilling across CD & BU CMG lead network.
- Staff most suitable persons in direct report positions as well as team members on lower levels
- Set personal objectives, guidelines and assess the team
- Develop functional and social skills of the team on and off the job
- Manage all reports as an integrated team by setting objectives, targets and guidelines to ensure smooth cooperation of all direct reports along all interfaces
- Identify and prepare talents in respective Category for career progression within the adidas organization
- Cost centre budget responsibility
- Creative & BU Design Directors; Future, Brand Design, Head Office
- Each Horizontal Function
Knowledge, Capabilities and Skills:
- Big picture and visionary thinking
- Strategic acting
- Leading through visions and values
- Develop leaders and manage talents
- Personal impact
- Proven track record in Design
- >10 years functional
- > 8 years leadership experience
- Degree in Design or related field
- Fluent in English
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.