Purpose: Shape, steer, develop & implement the creative direction for the brand horizontally to become design leader in the industry. Direct & Lead Global Color, Print/Pattern Organisation across the brand horizontally. Partner with CD leadership Sr. Director of Global Apparel & Footwear Materials on the advanced material toolbox in dialogue with the color toolbox & quarterly roll out. Direct, Inform, & implement together across creative direction in collaboration with BU CMG & product design disciplines.
- Establish, maintain, and nurture the creative direction through strategies that can translate consumer research and innovation advances in a visually consistent manner.
- Identify cultural, sport, lifestyle, & design trends in order to influence & shape the future creative direction & innovation platform opportunities. Partner with key stakeholders (head of Trend, Future, Adv Concepts, Brand Design) to apply seasonal and long-term trend strategies for implementation into key concepts, product ranges, & horizontal brand planning to build a more clear brand narrative, & increase brand recognition.
- Maintain Strategic Plans for Color, Material, Branding, and Visual language in coordination with Creative Director & Creative Direction leadership team(s).
- Create, Steer ,Align, and lead the Color, Print & Patter (with the Material Strategy) for the brand & group. Ensure holistic Color, Print/Pattern Language & Material Concepts across different Business Units , Design Disciplines for Apparel, Footwear, Accessories & horizontal brand functions.
- Sign off on overall color strategy for adidas.
- Sign off on overall print/pattern strategy for adidas.
- Ensure the right set up of the Color & Pattern/Print team to lead & implement a horizontal process.
- Ensure Color, Material, Trend implementation to be a strong competitive differentiator in the market.
- Direct & Lead Strategic Color /Advanced Material Concepts including Print/Pattern across all design/horizontal design disciplines to create merchandising opportunities with consistent visual alignment. Guide/Lead & Orchestrate among key stakeholders in Future, CTC, & Retail. for maximum impact.
- Inform, Recognize, and include diverse category business, market, and consumer needs among business functions.
- Lead partnership across horizontal CD with BU stakeholders to ensure market & distribution opportunities are achieved with success through color, print/pattern excellence.
- Implement horizontal brand & key seasonal strategies to achieve sustainability and environmental targets across all categories and BU's. This includes product excellence and “making more with less” with reduction, clarity, & discipline.
- Ensure continuous exchange of relevant color & print/pattern information between the business units, co-headquarters (HZA & PDX, SLD) & Creation Centers (CCS, CCT, CCSP). Find more synergies within the ranges & global creative direction culture.
- Develop a succession plan for future leaders between both Color, Print/Pattern.
- Direct and curate visual tools and presentations for Color, Materials, Pattern/Print inclusive of Trend & Insights. This will be both physical & digital toolboxes seasonally. Enhance a more tangible Creative Direction experience.
- Lead Seasonal Milestone events together among Trend, Color, Materials, & Graphics in conjunction with BU category stakeholders to shape, ideate, and curate the final seasonal brand guidelines from Creative Direction brand & function wide.
- Ensure constant collaboration & upskilling across CD & BU CMG lead network.
- Staff most suitable persons in direct report positions as well as team members on lower levels
- Set personal objectives, guidelines and assess the team
- Develop functional and social skills of the team on and off the job
- Manage all reports as an integrated team by setting objectives, targets and guidelines to ensure smooth cooperation of all direct reports along all interfaces
- Identify and prepare talents in respective Category for career progression within the adidas organization
- Cost centre budget responsibility
- Creative & BU Design Directors; Future, Brand Design, Head Office
- Each Horizontal Function
Knowledge, Capabilities and Skills:
- Big picture and visionary thinking
- Strategic acting
- Leading through visions and values
- Develop leaders and manage talents
- Personal impact
- Proven track record in Design
- >10 years functional
- > 8 years leadership experience
- Degree in Design or related field
- Fluent in English