Responsible for representing the adidas Yeezy business to both West Brands and internally within adidas. Interacting directly with Sr. Executive’s and teams within West Brands and responsible for managing the functional responsibilities directly with West Brands partners functional Leads.
Responsible for leading teams and providing solutions to help achieve our targets successfully.
In line with the VP created SBP and category consumer vision, lead the development of category level integrated Communication planning, activation, execution and tracking to achieve best in industry presentation of the category to our target consumer globally.
- Partner closely with VP on the development of category consumer definition, positioning and annual marketing plan for all levels of consumer facing activation
- Partner closely with the West Brands Comms/Activation lead to ensure category activation plans are approved, on brand, MWB secured and aligned with overall annual brand calendar and priorities
- Preside over and be held accountable for the creation of all lead agency briefing for development of marketing concepts for implementation through-the-line of communications and at the global level.
- Serve as the category communication face/lead to all external/internal creative agency partners to ensure that category presentations to consumer are consistent with category vision and on brand for adidas
- Lead the creation of annual category communication direction, construct and approve all level of category creative and strategy briefing to partners, vendors and markets.
- Track the success of marketing communications efforts within key markets, subsidiaries and countries to ensure learning’s and future implementation
- Lead the personal development of integrated team members that report directly and indirectly to you to ensure the advancement of next generation of adidas leadership. This include, but not limited to: personal development plan, bi/annual review and day-to-day teaching and guidance
- Partner where applicable to the horizontal functions of Strategy, CTC, Trend and Sport Marketing to ensure clarity, partnership and proper execution of category vision and integrated plans globally
- Brand adidas primary: VP of yeezy, Yeezy CTC, Product, Creative Direction and Strategy, West Brand Comms team
- Brand adidas secondary: x-Category Brand Communications teams, West brands extended executive team
- adidas Local Markets
- adidas Finance / Controlling
- adidas Procurement
- Creative Agencies
- External partners and key accounts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven level of strategic thinking and leadership at a senior level.
- Proven understanding of consumer messaging, brand building, demand creation and planning.
- Proven high level of project management, budget management and scheduling.
- Ability to manage and lead internal and external multidisciplinary groups: product marketing, advertising, PR, Internet, retail, etc.
- Affinity with cross-channel PR and a strong background in strategy, media relations, journalism / writing and digital PR / social media.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as wide senior audience’s presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively present to internal/external audiences of 100+ people
- Broad understanding of the sports industry and a passion for it
- Proven ability to serve as a senior spokesperson for the brand when/where needed.
- Degree in PR, Marketing Communications and/or a related field. Master or MBA preferred.
- Proven experience at leading an integrated team and activation marketing vision at the international level
- Proven experience leading and activation of integrated brand communication at the local market level is preferred
- 12+ years of relevant work experience, either internationally or at local market level.