Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Iterative design to enhance user satisfaction by improving the usability and accessibility provided when interacting with a system, product or service. The design of users’ digital and offline tasks, interactions and interfaces to meet usability and accessibility requirements. The refinement of designs in response to user-centred evaluation and feedback and communication of the design to those responsible for design, development and implementation.
- Actively maintains recognised expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms. Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area(s).
- Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives.
- Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
Requirements definition and management
- Contributes to selection of the requirements approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Facilitates input from stakeholders, provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritisation of requirements.
- Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
- Establishes the requirements base-lines, obtains formal agreement to requirements, and ensures traceability to source.
- Investigates, manages, and applies authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
Business process testing
- Specifies and develops test scenarios to test that new/updated processes deliver improved ways of working for the end user at the same time as delivering efficiencies and planned business benefits.
- Records and analyses test results, and reports any unexpected or unsatisfactory outcomes. Uses test plans and outcomes to specify user instructions.
- Executes generative research in order to find opportunities for innovation in, and enhancement of, systems, products and services.
- Collects and analyses data related to people’s behaviours, needs, and opinions. Supports synthesis of findings and the creation of insights, reports and presentations to inform decision making and drive actions.
- Contributes to selection of the user research approaches for projects and initiatives and plans own user research activities.
- Supports adoption of agreed approaches.
- Contributes to the development of organisational methods and standards for user research.
- Facilitates input from users and stakeholders.
- Provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritisation of requirements.
User experience analysis
- Determines the approaches to be used to analyse, clarify and communicate the user experience, users' characteristics and tasks, and the technical, social, organisational and physical environment in which systems, products or services will operate.
- Plans and drives user experience and accessibility analysis activities providing expert advice and guidance to support adoption of agreed approaches.
User experience design
- Designs and develop users’ digital and off-line tasks, interaction and interfaces to meet agreed usability and accessibility requirements.
- Translates concepts into outputs and prototypes and captures user feedback to improve designs.
- Specifies appropriate tools, methods and design patterns.
- Evaluates alternative design options and recommends designs taking into account performance, usability and accessibility requirements.
- Interprets and follows visual design and branding guidelines to create consistent and impactful user experience.
User experience evaluation
- Plans and performs all types of user experience evaluation to check and confirm that usability and accessibility requirements have been met.
- Selects appropriate use of formative or summative evaluations.
- Facilitates both moderated and unmoderated usability tests. Evaluates prototypes or designs of systems, products or services against the agreed usability and accessibility specifications.
- Interprets and presents results of evaluations and prioritises issues.
- Checks systems, products, or services which are in-use for changes in usability and accessibility needs and to ensure that these needs continue to be met.
- Assesses the stability of requirements against changes in context of use.
- Implements stakeholder engagement/communications plan.
- Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- 5+ year of experience in UX/UI
- Experience with MicroStrategy
- Strong understanding & knowledge of regional and global market landscape and the respective customer
- Managed critical elements and cross functional and regional projects