The Senior Designer for US Sports will be an inspirational leader working on key designs which have the right impact and visibility within and across categories.
- Implement the seasonal Direction of the Category according to market trends as well as overall Design Direction and ensure consistency though products and ranges
- Advance category strategy through innovative concepts
- Influence the creative vision for specific ranges across different categories
- Visualize seasonal ideas for ranges and product concept
- Conceptualize and design ranges in the specific Category and manage the creation process of the line range, especially on key projects which also influence other categories
- Proactively manage the creation of innovative products and prototypes
- May lead, mentor and administrate a team of internal direct reports
- Execute design work according to the visual language of adidas as well as given Corporate Identity guidelines according to legal guidance.
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to PowerPoint
- Ensure an efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development (within x- functional team) for all issues regarding your projects.
- Ensure proper handover of product design to the mechanical production department and into development. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as original design, color indication, execution information, and design parts sizes.
- Create and communicate a color merchandizing and roll out plan for respective concepts
- Initiate and lead future shaping design projects.
- Establish a high-performance culture and drive employee engagement, leading by example
- Provide a suitable performance framework for direct reports by setting performance targets and coaching for continuous improvement
- Identify and develop high-potential talents, to fuel the team's succession plan
- Creative Direction
- Team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Profound knowledge of fashion product and fashion design/industrial product or industrial design
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of initiative and maturity
- Problem solving attitude & can-do personality
- Expert knowledge in one specific design area (e.g. 3D, Materials, specific project)
- Knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in design or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 6 years practical experience in design