At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Being an inspirational Senior Designer who is working on Headwear key designs which have the right impact and visibility within and across categories.
- Implement the seasonal Direction of the Category according to market trends as well as overall Design Direction and ensure consistency though products and ranges
- Advance category strategy through innovative concepts
- Influence the creative vision for specific ranges across different categories
- Visualize seasonal ideas for ranges and product concept
- Conceptualize and design ranges in the specific Category and manage the creation process of the line range, especially on key projects which also influence other categories
- Proactively manage the creation of innovative products and prototypes
- Execute design work according to the visual language of adidas as well as given Corporate Identity guidelines according to legal guidance.
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to PowerPoint
- Ensure an efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development (within x- functional team) for all issues regarding your projects.
- Ensure proper handover of product design to the mechanical production department and into development. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as original design, color indication, execution information, and design parts sizes.
- Initiate and lead future shaping design projects.
- May lead, mentor and administrate a team of internal direct report
- Creative Direction
- Team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Profound knowledge of headwear fashion/trends
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of initiative and maturity
- Problem solving attitude & can-do personality
- Expert knowledge in one specific design area (e.g. 3D, Materials, specific project)
- Expert knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of licensed sports is preferred
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in design or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 6 years practical headwear design experience
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.