To create industry leading creative solutions and concepts for the adidas brand as part of an international design team in cooperation with design leadership, marketing and development.
- Conceptualize and design ranges for advanced concept design.
- Maintain design consistency throughout the product line from the direction outlined by Design Director.
- Help to create the overall category design & creative direction strategy.
- Identify new product opportunities through market research and sales analysis. Drive innovation with strategic vendors.
- Collaborate with design to identify seasonal market trends in yarns, stitch, construction details and silhouette.
- Create new product ideas that support company growth and brand initiatives.
- Manage proto development for new concept designs.
- Collaborate with counterparts throughout adidas on cross-brand innovation projects.
- Work closely with Development, Tech Services, and Product Testing to resolve product issues from design packages through commercialization
- Work with athletes and customers as a professional representative of the brand
- Work with factories and suppliers
- Research functional criteria for product and outline area of innovation
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to Powerpoint
- Maintain communication with superiors, and ensure the message is understood within the team
- Insure proper compliance of brand identity marks and usage on product
- Design Directors
- Category Designers
- Global Creative Directors
- BU Directors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of functional sportswear apparel product design.
- Ability to design for new initiatives and create performance apparel with a fresh, innovative perspective.
- Mac skills using Illustrator, Adobe Professional and Photoshop applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with key business partners.
- Strong conceptual thinking and ability to drive concepts.
- Knowledge of design and material trends, specifically sporting goods industry trends.
- Ability to create designs that meet sports category needs and commercial opportunities.
- Ability to effectively present design ideas and concepts.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, ever changing work environment
- Ability to lead projects and meet key deadlines.
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in FASHION design and four years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 8 years practical experience in Performance Footwear design
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)