At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
To create industry leading creative solutions and concepts for the adidas brand as part of an international design team in cooperation with design leadership, marketing and development.
- Conceptualize and design apparel ranges for advanced concept design.
- Maintain design consistency throughout the product line from the direction outlined by Design Director.
- Help to create the overall category design & creative direction strategy.
- Identify new product opportunities through market research and sales analysis. Drive innovation with strategic vendors.
- Collaborate with design to identify seasonal market trends in fabric, yarns, construction details and silhouette.
- Create new apparel product ideas that support company growth and brand initiatives.
- Manage proto development for new concept designs.
- Collaborate with counterparts throughout adidas on cross-brand innovation projects.
- Work closely with Development, Tech Services, and Product Testing to resolve product issues from design packages through commercialization
- Work with athletes and customers as a professional representative of the brand
- Work with factories and suppliers
- Research functional criteria for product and outline area of innovation
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to Powerpoint
- Maintain communication with superiors, and ensure the message is understood within the team
- Insure proper compliance of brand identity marks and usage on product
- Design Directors
- Category Designers
- Global Creative Directors
- BU Directors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of functional sportswear apparel product design.
- Ability to design for new initiatives and create performance apparel with a fresh, innovative perspective.
- Mac skills using Illustrator, Adobe Professional and Photoshop applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with key business partners.
- Strong conceptual thinking and ability to drive concepts.
- Knowledge of design and material trends, specifically sporting goods industry trends.
- Ability to create designs that meet sports category needs and commercial opportunities.
- Ability to effectively present design ideas and concepts.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, ever changing work environment
- Ability to lead projects and meet key deadlines.
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in FASHION design and four years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 8 years practical experience in Performance Apparel design
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.