Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Responsible for managing and creating the total adidas Label apparel line and establishing functional and aesthetic designs on a seasonal basis for the category.
- Design and manage the creation process of the apparel line.
- Create concept, color, materials and trim boards in line with Designer Director’s direction.
- Maintain consistency throughout the product line with the identity of adidas Label
- Manage, set goals, monitor progress, offer help and critique work for the Design team
- Execution of category design direction.
- Work closely with Marketing to understand opportunities in the market
- Work closely with Development, Tech Services, and Product Testing to resolve product issues from design packages through commercialization.
- Research functional criteria for product.
- Presentation of ideas for product range
- Maintain communication with superiors
- Insure proper compliance of brand identity marks and usage on product
- Maintain current and accurate records of individual work
- Work with factories and suppliers
- Team player Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of pattern making and material consumption, fabric and trim usage
- Expertise and knowledge about details such as embroideries, prints, material washing standards
- Excellent communicational skills in English
- Presentation skills to present design concepts internally as well as externally to clearly explain design ideas from concept to finalization Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor or university degree (B.A.) in industrial design and at least four years related work experience in apparel design
- Passion for apparel design.
- Practical experience in an apparel design environment
- Strong knowledge of apparel design with strong feeling for fabrication, colour, trims and relevant innovation.
- Background in Design of woven garments, pants, and Jackets but also knowledge in Knits and Sweaters,
- Strong Knowledge of fit, fabric, washing’s and finishing’s
- Knowledge of Macintosh computer and design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)