Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To ensure appropriate apparel ranges are designed for the adidas brand in Asia, as part of a regional design team, in cooperation with Global Marketing, Product Management and Product Development.
- Implement the seasonal Direction of the Women’s Category according to Asia specific market trends as well as overall Design Direction and ensure consistency though products and ranges
- Advance category strategy through innovative concepts
- Influence the creative vision for specific ranges across different categories
- Visualize seasonal ideas for ranges and product concept
- Conceptualize and design ranges in the specific Category and manage the creation process of the line range, especially on key projects which also influence other categories
- Proactively initiate and manage relevant products, projects, innovations and processes.
- May lead, mentor and administrate a direct report
- Execute design work according to the visual language of adidas as well as given Corporate Identity guidelines according to legal guidance.
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings
- Ensure an efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development (within x- functional team) for all issues regarding your projects.
- Ensure proper handover of product design to the mechanical production department and into development. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as original design, color indication, execution information, and design parts sizes.
- Create and communicate a color merchandizing and roll out plan for respective concepts
- Initiate and lead future shaping design projects.
- Creative Direction
- Team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Profound knowledge of fashion product and fashion design/sportswear apparel design,
- High level of initiative and creativity
- Problem solving attitude & can-do personality
- Knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Fluent in verbal and written English and able to communicate effectively and easily in Business English, both verbally and in writing.
- Asia market knowledge in apparel trends preferred
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in design or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 6 years practical experience in design