As Senior Data Scientist you develop defined area of data science topics across the full analytics cycle: from framing business need, through data exploration and modelling to operationalization. You are part of the team that executes advanced modelling techniques to create segmentations and ultimately generate consumer insights. Thus, your team is the key enabler for personalization across all touchpoints and funnels. Within our organization, you support the promotion of data science and its benefits and help developing an innovation fostering network within the global data science ecosystem.
Scope: Accountable for defined area of data science practices
- Data Science
- Develop and apply the full set of advanced analysis methodologies to optimize customer acquisition, engagement, conversion, experience and loyalty. This includes framing of business needs, data exploration as well as descriptive, predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Generate insights to increase the understanding of adidas consumers, exploring their affinities and intents, in order to make the best recommendations to individual consumers through the right digital channel at the right time.
- Continuously improve our methodologies and challenge the status quo, raising the standards for faster delivery. You will be expected to challenge and improve reigning business hypotheses.
- Co-Design and specify the data models required for usecases you are leading, creating actionable data sets, leading definition of machine learning pipelines, leading instrumentation and tagging of marketing actions and campaigns, the technical capability for their orchestration, especially as implemented on our eCom partner platforms
- Data Science Network & Storytelling
- Help the market team benefit from innovations in the global ecosystem of data science, big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence by developing, nurturing, and maintaining a solid network with key players.
- Coach colleagues to increase their expertise in state-of-the- art analytic techniques, data science, data engineering, data governance, and software development within a defined scope.
- Present and promote analysis results and insights to colleagues at all levels, including senior stakeholders, in a way that allows them to understand the value of your work, apply your output, and realize business potential.
- Collaborate with the Digital Data Science team, adhering and helping adoption and continuous improvement of best practices across adidas, and the Advanced Analytics Hub
- Replicate and help improve the Global Digital Consumer segmentation framework, acquisition and retention strategies, predictive modelling, customer lifetime value metrics and marketing effectiveness measures.
- Product Ownership
- Specify the product vision and roadmap as well as user stories for respective data product
- Prioritize the items in your product backlog. Specify the definition-of-done in cooperation with the product team(s).
- Ensure that the product iteratively delivers actionable insights and results valuable to the business and stakeholders, using appropriate techniques, and adhering to our data science methodology and standards for code, analysis and results.
- Lead one or more stakeholder relationships.
- External partners
- Help develop, operate, and maintain the framework for build/licence/buy/select partners, tools, and solutions for implementation of end-end digital data science use cases respecting and living our Procurement guidelines
- Own and be accountable for the data science projects conducted via external partners
- China Digital Hub and Market Product Domain Owners
- DBC Product Domain Owners
- Education & Professional Experience
- University degree in the a numeric / statistical discipline (M.Sc. or PhD)
- 8+ years of experience in analytics in a Digital and/or eCommerce environment, strong knowledge of the digital industry (products, technologies, solution providers, commercial models, trends)
- 3+ years of professional experience in an international & cross-functional environment
- 1+ years of experience managing vendors/ suppliers
- Very good communication skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- Very good interpersonal skills, good leadership skills
- Proven team player that can collaborate across functions and organizations
- Ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships with the Group
- Excellent coding skills using common data science toolkits
- Excellent knowledge in applied statistics, distributions, statistical testing, data mining and machine learning algorithms
- Experience with NoSQL data bases
- Experience on data aggregations, data models and operationalization of data mining algorithms
- Experience in developing Customer profiles, CLTV, attribution model, lookalike modeling, clustering, and classification and segmentation models on large and sparse data sets.
- Fluent English both verbally and written
- China Digital Hub and Market Experience Design Team
- China Digital Hub and Market Consumer Engagement Teams
- China Market BI team
- Global BI & Advanced Analytics teams
- Advanced Analytics Hub