Purpose: Internal WMS consultant, acting as primary source of knowledge in all areas of WMS configuration, operation and support. (S)He will ensure successful project implementations by building a world-class team of WMS experts and by collaborating with his/her counterparts in other systems connected to distribution and warehousing applications. (S)He will establish and enforce the development and implementation procedures and governance, internally as well as with the vendors of adidas. (S)He will also manage project budgets related to IT developmental and testing activities.
- Lead and manage successful technical delivery and support of all distribution and WMS applications for the Global IT distribution projects in the APAC Region.
- Manage WMS applications post go live to ensure continuous and uninterrupted warehouse operations.
- Conduit between Operations & IT, capturing requirements from business & translating to IT specifications
- Enforce consistent and reusable processes (in accordance with global policies) across implementations and post go live with regards to functionality, modifications, interfaces, and testing
- Manage the execution and completion of the defined project plans/roadmaps through effectively coordinating people and resources.
- Accountable for developing and meeting project schedules.
- Develop and manage projects budgets
- Define and ensure appropriate standards are implemented across all projects.
- Advise the project manager of project status and problems of specific assignments.
- Manage the project team consisting of internal and/or external resources.
- Drive issue resolution and escalate when appropriate.
- Deliver projects on time, on budget, with all required functionality.
- Form and lead multi-functional project team resources (internals and externals) to deliver and support projects and programs
- Manage, coach, develop and train the formed project team members, input into performance reviews, provide feedback and allocate work considering complexity and experience level
- Partner with the internal IT Supplier Management department in order to manage external suppliers (e.g. conduct interviews, financial management of external supplier costs)
- Use appropriate and effective communication methods to Senior Management throughout the project/program life cycle.
- Identify and manage relationships with key stakeholders and build a broader network map, incorporating relevant departments within Global IT/SCM and the adidas Group in order to deliver and embed the projects/programs.
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocate the different projects/programs and work streams to the respective teams and employees considering experience, project complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and Global IT objectives
- Enable consistent and reusable processes across implementations with regards to functionality, modifications, and host interfaces.
- Work closely with Architecture team on the estimation for the Upgrade strategy for the Manhattan solution for the ASIA´s fulfillment centers.
- Work closely with Architecture team on reviewing the standards with regard to functionality, customizations, and performance.
- Collaborate with business and global IT distribution to determine requirements/innovations, refreshes, and solution/software upgrades.
- Evaluate new technologies and tools as opportunities for innovation and performance excellence.
- Responsible for directing vendor management activities across solution design, delivery, and change requests.
- Work closely with the Support team to ensure there are work plans and staffing models to ensure effective support after Project sustain period.
- Project implementation teams (Project Managers, Design Architects, Technical Architects)
- Local/Regional IT teams, globally
- Global IT Centers of Excellence – CC-Sales/Retail, e-Commerce, Infrastructure, Operations, GDM/BI, and EA
- Strategic vendors (Global) – Manhattan and WCS
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Wide range of technology knowledge in complex distribution centers including WMS, MHE and Business Intelligence.
- Labor Management and Supply Chain Intelligence experiences are a plus.
- Knowledge of PL/SQL and relational database systems
- 5+ years of experience in leading IT projects, creating and managing project plans, and leading teams of technical experts.
- Demonstrated capability in handling large-scale warehousing IT projects, both domestic (China) and globally.
- Experience with Manhattan Associates warehousing IT projects for 5 plus years.
- Ability to lead and work effectively with large business and IT teams.
- Ability to multi-task and direct multiple projects
- Ability to clearly communicate across all levels of the business and IT
- Ability to challenge and propose alternative solutions
- Be able to examine issues both strategically and analytically
- Thorough knowledge of warehousing operations
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, flexible and self-motivating
- Experience in working with virtual team setup.
- Open to domestic and international travel up to 25%
Requisite Education and Experience / Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. MBA desirable