At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the LO and suppliers to deliver world class products that meet customer specifications/requirements.
- Lead and provide technical and quality direction within the liaison office to ensure that products meet the defined adidas Group standards.
- Support the timely resolution of technical and quality issues to achieve quality and delivery objectives.
- Drive effective communication with Creation Centres, Development, Material and Production, external suppliers and internal business partners in collaboration with Head of Technical Services to resolve quality problems, including timely communication of delivery risks.
- Implements best practices, programs and tools for supplier development according to GASA milestones and overall sourcing and business strategy to achieve continuous improvement of product quality and production performance.
- Direct technical testing support for Production department within Liaison Office including wash, print and colour testing as well as reporting and coordinating timely testing scheduling in conjunction with the LO material teams.
- Support sampling process for product development as proscribed by current process (i.e., Proto Sample to Size Set Sample).
- Drive the continuous assessment and upgrade of technicians’ competencies through the implementation of global training programs to ensure a high level of technical capabilities within the LO.
- Organise and supervise random audits of T1s within the supply base on performance of accredited technicians and QCs.
- Provide technical support for the on-boarding of new suppliers to ensure adherence to adidas Group standards and policies.
- Monitor the quality performance of all suppliers, and follow-up on action plans as and when required.
- Ensure accurate and timely compilation of all quality reports.
- Drive effective teamwork by actively coaching and supporting internal and supplier team members to develop their skills and capabilities.
- Head of Technical Services
- Head of Global Quality
- Creation Centre
- Internal and Supplier Technical Services
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to identify issues, analyse facts and make technical / quality decisions.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Good IT/EDP skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Textile Technology or Textile Engineering, or equivalent related technical experience in the areas of colour, printing and washing
- Minimum five year experience in textile manufacturing or technologies, preferably within Asia.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.