- The purpose of this position is to ensure accuracy of customer shipments, expedite shipments, coordinate with wave planning, advise the shipping department, and ensure daily routing goals of the apparel and footwear distribution operation teams are met.
- Requests and monitors customer accounts that do not have routing assigned to them at time of planning.
- Schedules carrier pickups for volume and LTL shipments.
- Communicates with Customers, Traffic departments, Carriers, Shipping, Compliance, Wave Planning and Customer Service to ensure and verify that the customer’s routing requirements are followed.
- Communicates, as needed, with customer service regarding any customer account or carrier issues.
- Monitors reports to ensure all assigned accounts’ orders have been planned and shipped by expected start ship dates.
- Verifies and ensures all orders are shipped.
- Responds timely to high volumes of email.
- Compiles shipments for any facility as needed.
- Responds timely to daily requests for routing to ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Research chargebacks from customers on shipments and provide solutions where needed.
- Maintain SOP’s for assigned accounts
- Provide Shipping with daily load information on all loads shipping from the apparel and footwear facilities.
- Works closely with the shipping department to ensure timely and accurate shipments for all customer accounts.
- Customer Service
- Wave Planning
- Customer Account Traffic or Logistics
- Compliance Team
- Trucking Company Dispatch
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to interact closely with distribution management, customer service, customer traffic departments and trucking companies. Ability to read, write and interpret communications in the English language.
- Must possess a working knowledge of distribution, logistics, transportation and routing procedures
- Possesses the ability to function well and be professional at all times in a fast-paced environment, to learn and adapt quickly, and to be an independent thinker
- Must possess strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize based on company KPI’s
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently within a team of 12+
- Demonstrate 3 C behaviours (collaboration, creativity, confidence)
- Must possess a working knowledge of WMS
- Strong computer skills/knowledge required, preferably of Distribution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum High School Diploma and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous Distribution, shipping or routing experience required
- WMS experience preferred
- Certification or equivalent knowledge of Microsoft Office products required
adidas participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law (AZ, GA, IN, VA, FL, NC, SC, UT). For more information click on the link below: