Contributes to store profitability by ensuring KPIs for a defined area within the store are met or exceeded. The core expectations include coordinating team members in a union environment to provide the best possible balance of service and operations, resulting in a leading shopping experience. Assumes Store manager responsibilities in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Allocates resources and organizes processes within assigned area of responsibility to drive efficiency and productivity in a variety of situations.
- Creates an appealing, easy-to-shop environment for customers by coordinating team to consistently execute visual merchandising and housekeeping standards
- Ensures the product offer available to customers is maximized in assigned area of responsibility by coordinating product replenishment from the stockroom to the sales floor.
- Supervises sales transactions to ensure quick and accurate processing while adhering to cash protection procedures.
- Minimizes loss by implementing, monitoring and tracking all loss prevention activities.
- Maintains a safe shopping and working environment by ensuring company policy and procedures are adhered to by team members.
- Applies knowledge of Retail KPIs to make commercial decisions that drive achievement of established sales targets.
- Tracks performance data for assigned area (e.g. best sellers, space allocation, etc.) and makes necessary adjustments to drive productivity and efficiency.
- Coaches, motivates and inspires individuals within area of responsibility to maximize and drive a performance culture.
- Is a role model for customer service and boosts sales and Brand experience by using advanced sales techniques and appropriate elements of the adidas customer service model.
- Guides and trains team members on basic core and seasonal product knowledge.
- Uses advanced category expertise and enthusiasm for the Brand to drive sales and customer loyalty.
- Understand customer expectations and coaches team to meet or exceed them at all times.
- Actively supervises and coordinates team to ensure all customers receive the highest level of service.
- Actively collaborates and shares best practices to drive store team performance.
- Supports the recruitment, onboarding, training and development of the store team.
- Communicates a desire to learn and seizes all available opportunities to drive own development and increase performance.
Labor Relations Responsibilities
- Store expert on the administration of the Collective Bargaining Labor Agreement
- Recommends resolution to contractual questions and issues in partnership with Store Manager and Human Resources
- Prepares appropriate documentation and manages first level grievance meetings
- Provides guidance and consistency of contract administration and disciplinary actions
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
- Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
- Excellent Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including MS office.
- Knowledge and understanding of profit and loss statement and store KPIs to make commercial decisions based on sound financial judgment.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead discussions in diverse groups of varying size.
- Ability to operate independently and with discretion, and work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members along with willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 12 months experience working in a sports/fashion customer & commercial focused retail environment.
- Advanced selling experience and comprehensive product, retail and industry understanding as well as supervisory experience.
- Experience managing in a union environment preferred
- Employee Relations experience, participation in labor relations training and/or HR experience preferred
adidas participates in E-Verify. For more information, click here.