Contributes to store profitability by ensuring KPIs for a defined area within the store are met or exceeded. The core expectations include coordinating team members to provide the best possible balance of service and operations, resulting in a leading shopping experience. Assumes Store manager responsibilities in the absence of the Store Manager.
• Allocates resources and organizes processes within assigned area of responsibility to drive efficiency and productivity in a variety of situations.
• Create an appealing, easy-to-shop environment for customers by coordinating his/her team to consistently execute visual merchandising and housekeeping standards in assigned area of responsibility.
• Ensures the product offer available to customers is maximized in assigned area of responsibility by coordinating product replenishment from the stockroom to the sales floor.
• Supervises sales transactions to ensure quick and accurate processing while adhering to cash protection procedures.
• Minimizes loss by implementing, monitoring and tracking all loss prevention activities.
• Maintains a safe shopping and working environment by ensuring company policy and procedures are adhered to within assigned area of responsibility.
• Applies knowledge of Retail KPIs to make commercial decisions that drive achievement of established sales targets.
• Tracks performance data for assigned area (e.g. best sellers, space allocation, etc.) and makes necessary adjustments to drive productivity and efficiency.
• Coaches, motivates and inspires individuals within area of responsibility to maximize and drive a performance culture.
• Is a role model for customer service and boosts sales and Brand experience by using advanced sales techniques and appropriate elements of the adidas customer service model.
• Guides and trains team members on basic core and seasonal product knowledge.
• Uses advanced category expertise and enthusiasm for the Brand to drive sales and customer loyalty.
• Understand customer expectations and coaches team to meet or exceed them at all times.
• Actively supervises and coordinates team to ensure all customers receive the highest level of service.
• Actively collaborates and shares best practices to drive store team performance.
• Supports the recruitment, onboarding, training and development of the store team.
• Communicates a desire to learn and seizes all available opportunities to drive own development and increase performance.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
• Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
• Excellent Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including MS office.
• Knowledge and understanding of profit and loss statement and store KPIs to make commercial decisions based on sound financial judgment.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead discussions in diverse groups of varying size.
• Ability to operate independently and with discretion, and work effectively under pressure.
• Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members along with willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
• Well developed ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write English
• Ability to maintain reliable and consistent attendance and punctuality.
• Ability and willingness to travel by car and air domestically.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and operate a Brannock device. • The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Minimum 12 months experience working in a sports/fashion customer & commercial focused retail environment.
• Advanced selling experience and comprehensive product, retail and industry understanding as well as supervisory experience.