Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Being an inspirational Senior Designer who is responsible leading a small team of Designers creating industry leading design solutions for the category.
- Implement the seasonal Direction of the Category according to market trends as well as overall Design Direction and ensure consistency though products and ranges.
- Conceptualize and design ranges in the specific Category and manage the creation process of the line range.
- Manage, set goals, monitor progress, offer help and critique work for the Design team.
- Steer and coach team members and their creative processes and drives development of direct reports.
- Ensure the correct execution of Corporate Identity guidelines and against legal restrictions within the team
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to digital presentation
- Ensure an efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development (within x- functional team) for all issues regarding the products designed by the team
- Ensure proper handover of product design to the mechanical production department and into development. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as original design, colour indication, execution information, and design parts sizes
- Contribute to seasonal product design direction perspective in collaboration with x-functional partners
- Lead Design Specific Trend Scouting mainly in Tokyo and share with x-functional partners
- Manage the whole category specific product design - apparel, footwear and potentially accessories
- Product Marketing
- Global Design
- Regional Markets
- External partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Profound knowledge of fashion product and fashion design
- Innovative and collaborative leader
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of initiative and maturity
- Problem solving attitude & can-do personality
- Knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Communication in English (spoken and written)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years practical experience in design
- First experience in people management
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.