2 openings for B Shift, 6am – 6pm, Thu/Fri/Sat every other Sun
Purpose: This position is an entry-level position that is directly responsible for first piece quality audits within the Manufacturing department.
Quality Inspectors are the gatekeepers of both quality and accurate production data in the Screen Print department. The Quality Inspector is responsible for ensuring garments coming off the Screen Print press meet the quality standards. Quality Inspectors are also responsible for keeping accurate counts of garments coming off the press to ensure we maximize fill rate for customer orders.
This position has an understanding of the leagues, teams, colors, fabrics, garment specifications, embellishment types, screen print and embroidery basic techniques, some of the computer systems and all quality assurance standards and processes throughout the facility.
This position will work same shift as the Manufacturing departments.
- PRODUCTION RUN - Throughout the production run the Quality Inspector is to look for any quality defects such as screen pinholes, garment bleeding, registration, graphics being off center, graphic placement, etc. If a quality defect is discovered, the Quality Inspector should stop the press immediately and let the run team know what the issue is. If the run team fails to stop, the Screen Print Shift Supervisor or Manager should be notified.
- ACCURATE COUNTS – Throughout the run the Quality Inspector is to keep accurate counts of the garments coming out of the dryer to ensure we maintain our customer fill rate. These counts can also affect when we order make-ups. In instances the run is produced short the Quality Inspector must look at the make-up decision tree to determine if a make-up is required.
- RECORDING DATA – This position will be responsible for accurately recording key quality data in the AMPS system, to ensure press Operators are given proper credit for set-ups, garments produced, and reject rates.
- TOUCH UPS - This position may also be called upon to assist with touch ups and clean up of garments.
- COMMUNICATION - This position will communicate directly with the Manufacturing and Quality teams.
- 5S – This position will be responsible for maintaining 5s standards.
- ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENTS GIVEN – Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- MFG inspectors, Operators, Captains, Leads and Managers
- Quality Department
- Press Operators
- Press Techs
- Screen Print Management
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to work effectively
- Must be able to work accurately
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must possess good attention to detail
- Must be dependable, have solid attendance and be able to work overtime
- Must possess some working knowledge in word, excel, outlook
- Must be a fast learner and be able to multi task
- Must have a good sense of urgency
- Must demonstrate good judgment and be professional at all times
- Must be a team player
- Must have visual acuity for analyzing color
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Quality and manufacturing experience preferred.