At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Manage and deliver small and medium sized projects (< € 500k), significant RFCs or sub-elements of large-scale projects on a local or global level across brands and respective functions within the boundaries of time, cost & quality while focusing on the customers’ expectations and requirements.
- Ensure full understanding of project scope to be able to design detailed project plans.
- Manage the execution and completion of the defined project plan by effectively coordinating people and resources for complex projects, which require specific in-depth knowledge.
- Support any changes for the respective project and ensure changes are smoothly and successfully implemented to achieve lasting benefits.
- Act as a Scrum Master within process automation projects, including mid-size and complex projects.
- Partner with Product Owners on the product definition and in evaluating new opportunities for their product.
- Create User Stories and translate them into technical requirements/features.
- Involve in the solution creation of solutions with various interfaces, dependencies and stakeholders.
- Define non-functional requirements, together with the development team.
- Advise on functionality, applicability, and usability of solutions to requirements.
- Break down requirements into deliverables, determine effort, define and deliver minimum viable products.
- Consult the Product Owner in shaping complex user-stories and in understanding the impact of requirements (both technical and operational).
- Manage multiple interfaces and stakeholders in a complex project environment.
- In cooperation with Solution Architects & Platform Developers, determine technical feasibility and sustainability of requirements, including in mid-size and complex projects.
- Support the Product Owner in the acceptance of user stories, user acceptance testing and product sign-off.
- Work independently and collaborate across multiple departments.
- Give guidance to junior team members and act as a role model.
Financials and Controlling:
- Control the allocated project costs on time and in budget.
- Ensure compliance with GIT standards, and all adidas policies and external regulations.
- Manage project budget by tracking and reporting the monthly budget accruals and variances and ensure timely and accurate invoicing.
- Use appropriate and effective communication methods to Senior Management and project stakeholders throughout the project life cycle, in order to successfully deliver and embed the project within the organization.
- Convince others within and/or outside the organization to accept new or modified standards or concepts with divergent interests.
- Project budget responsibility.
- Process Owners from respective business function (especially GBS).
- Agile Software Engineering Team.
- Other IT functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Pro-active (engaging & impact-oriented) mindset, ability to think end-to-end.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment with different international cultures.
- Business mindset: very good numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance with basic budget knowledge.
- Strong experience in managing projects on a global level with advanced level of knowledge in Project Management Methodologies & tools as well as I.T Product Evaluation & Selection.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups), especially when interacting with different levels of business stakeholders.
- Strong expertise in the use of agile/ scrum methods.
- Strong experience in interacting with business partners.
- Fluent English (verbal and written).
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- College or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in mid to large-scale project or program management and/or in digital transformation projects.
- Scrum, LSS and/or PMI certified.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.