Purpose: Will proofread artwork to ensure all elements related to print production are accurate according to guidelines. This will include but is not limited to Mesh, Sequence, Separation registration, Flashes, Layout, Overprints, Knock Out, Micron, Underbase, Inks, Proofing comments, Drop, Durometer, Specialty Ink Instructions, Mixed Media Instructions.
- Proofing artwork according to scheduling priority
- Ensuring priorities are adhered to and workflow assignments are followed
- Researching and trouble-shooting questions and art problems from the Manufacturing and Quality departments
- Backing up Detail Entry when needed
- Identifying issues and inconsistencies with artwork as it relates to production detail
- Assist in development of SOP’s
- Identification of continuous improvement opportunities
- Following all SOPs as written
- Clear communication between all proofers, Sr. Proofers, and Supervisor
- Following escalation procedures for issues that arise
- Collaboration between Manufacturing, Proofing, and Production Art
- All administrative requirements of position
- All other duties requested by Manager, Supervisor, Sr. Proofer or Lead
- Interacts internally with: Art Departments, Team Properties, Sample Department, Manufacturing, Quality Control Department, Screen Tech, Production Floor, and IST.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive keyboard use with a Mac computer.
- Adobe Software.
- Microsoft Software.
- PLM, Legacy Systems & other internal Systems/Servers.
- Color copier/Printer/Scanner.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 2-year college degree – or equivalent experience
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to deal with various levels of management and employees within the organization as well as vendors and global personnel.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict timelines, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work extended hours if necessary
- Requires minimal direction and can work independently
- Strong eye for detail and very thorough
- Capacity to distinguish priorities with jobs and clients and direct work accordingly
- Ability to work well under stress of short turn-around deadlines
- Solution oriented and resolution focused
- Having a keen eye for layout and design consistencies is a must
- Able to work in a fun, creative and fast-paced environment
- Proofing and knowledge of Licensed Products/Corporate Identities is very helpful
- Knowledge of sports teams and apparel creation is very helpful
- Must be able to pass the Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hue Test with a 40 or below
- Must also be able to pass a color-blind test
- Visual acuity for analyzing samples and color; sitting, standing, bending, lifting up to 50 pounds and finger dexterity
- Ability to follow processes consistently
- Extremely detail oriented, with great follow-through
- Must be professional, collaborative in nature and a consummate team player
- Excellent organizational skills, both conventional and electronic
- Screen Printing experience or experience in printing environment