Purpose: Position is directly responsible for the calculation of the standard minute rate throughout manufacturing and distribution. Position is responsible for the effective management and outcome of assigned projects in the priority assigned. Project management will include the management of resources and the utilization of advanced analytical and problem-solving tools. This position will be expected to identify opportunities for improvement and gained efficiency through the use of Lean, Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints to drive continuous improvement throughout the facility.
- Calculate Standard Minute Value for all manufacturing and distribution operations.
- Evaluate opportunities to develop and improve production processes, machine utilization and material usage.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency through the reduction of waste in both materials and labor.
- Perform costing analysis as it relates to operational and technological investments.
- Define costing matrix of most cost-effective routing with manufacturing.
- Support the creation of individual department action plans to improve efficiency levels.
- Support process improvement in all areas of business.
- Build and manage a basic SMV database to ensure accuracy, consistency and fairness across the different functions.
- Promote the introduction of this data as the basis for allocations, planning and costing
- Be a driver of change, seeking new ways to improve the business, its efficiency and company profitability.
- Manage, set deadlines, formalize, organize, report and retain key project information.
- Department Management: Manufacturing, Distribution, Administration, and R&D
- Global Costing
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must excel in a fast-moving ever-changing business environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Must possess strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in costing calculation and ROI calculation.
- Experience in time and motion studies.
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints philosophies and the ability to effectively apply those philosophies to varying areas of the organization.
- Proven strong project management and organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinating the work on several projects and varying levels of personnel.
- Possess exceptional analytical skill in order to drive change and produce tangible results.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree in Industrial Engineering, closely related field.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a Distribution/Manufacturing Environment.
- Lean and Six Sigma certification
- Proven experience in effectively managing projects.
- Ability and flexibility to travel. (10-20%)
- Fluent in English, verbal and written communication.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software programs including Excel, Power Point and Access.