To engineer market leading components, products, processes and experiences, meeting very high environmental standards which improve brand competitiveness and enable adidas to deliver added value to consumers and athletes.
- Carry out environmental modelling, Techno-Economic Analysis and data analytics on novel processes quantifying all inputs and outputs of material flows to enable process optimisation for commercial upscaling.
- Use computational engineering knowledge and tools to drive projects aligned with Future and Brand priorities.
- Establish partnerships with key internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with the cross functional teams to create innovative experiences, processes and products. Constantly search out engineering and consumer insights that could lead to innovation opportunities.
- Grow and develop the competency of process engineering delivering techniques and analysis that can add value and solve technical problems for the cross functional teams.
- Explore new areas of process engineering that can drive innovation and fuel creativity. Actively work with start-ups, consultants and research partners to establish new technologies and processes that can solve problems and drive innovation.
- Educate and train colleagues by sharing knowledge on an on-going basis
- Prepare concept and results-based reports and presentations, communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
- Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming research, technologies, methods, and industry trends. Build an effective information network
- Identify and partner with industry-leading organizations to extend the capability of the team
- Consider legal implications of innovative concepts, working with the legal team to protect product, technology, innovation, process, and design
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Solid understanding of environmental engineering
- Curiosity for science and technology along with a passion for making insights in the field of sport
- Experience in Lifecycle Assessment (LCA) and Techno Economic Analysis (TEA).
- Knowledge of environmental modelling and data analytics.
- Experience with academic and applied research
- Fluent English (Required), Fluent German (advantageous)
- Scientific Programming experience (C#, Python, Matlab TCL)
- Understanding of computational tools such as SimaPro, OpenLCA, TEAM, and Gabi.
- University Degree in environmental engineering, process engineering, or related field
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in relevant field.
- Equivalent combination of education (PhD) and/or experience will be considered