Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Provide legal support for the adidas business, with a strong emphasis on performing trademark clearance along with other intellectual property work, and administrative and legal support for the North American Trademark team, including organization and maintenance of filing systems and interacting with outside providers and partners.
- Perform trademark clearance for products (including names, designs, graphics) and marketing clearance against third-party rights.
- Advise the businesses on graphics and product designs and names, including compliance with internal trademark guidelines.
- Perform research on trademark issues.
- Assist legal team in performing infringement and counterfeiting investigations.
- Develop proficiency with product details.
- Assist in developing reports and presentations, drafting basic legal documents, compiling evidence, and organizing/maintaining databases and legal files.
- Perform administrative support for the team including organizing travel and schedules, processing expense reports, and managing invoicing.
- Legal team
- Marketing and Design business units
- Outside service providers
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intellectual property experience
- Ability to provide strong customer service, demonstrate understanding of client’s needs and willingness to serve
- Ability to work in a fast paced department; ability to manage tight timelines
- Proficient in the internet
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, a must
- Self motivated; ability to work independently and with initiative but can also work as a team.
- Strong skills in research and investigation
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Trademark clearance experience
- Advanced MS Office skills and photo-editing skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Paralegal Certificate a plus, but not required