Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Operations Manager is a member of the leadership team responsible for launching and managing the Adidas’ newest ecommerce and retail Distribution Center. We are looking for a smart, analytical, and innovative leader who can help support ecommerce and retail operations in a scalable way that will support rapid growth as well as our long-term business strategy. This position offers an opportunity to make a significant impact on Adidas’ fastest growing channel and market. The Operations Manager will work to continuously optimize our DC operations by engaging with various stakeholders to improve operational metrics, and refine processes and remove waste from operations.
A successful candidate possesses good business judgment, supply chain experience, and strong skills in working collaboratively and cross-functionally. The candidate must also possess a proven track record of delivering results. He or she will have strong analytical capabilities, including experience handling large and complex data sets. This individual will be a strong people manager with the ability to effectively manage managers/supervisors with varying levels of experience. The position requires an individual who can work both autonomously and collaboratively in a demanding and often ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail and effective prioritization.
- Manage all Distribution Center operations and be accountable for achieving all productivity and quality targets.
- Hire, train, and manage DC management team and associates.
- Develop and manage scalable internal SOPs and training, as well as external-facing documentation and messaging.
- Maintain full working knowledge of the WCS and WMS platforms and provide guidance and support to the operations and IT staff as needed.
- Manage the collection, reporting and feedback regarding operations functions using SAP, excel, queries and WMS reporting.
- Report on operations metrics to evaluate DC performance in productivity, quality, safety, and other KPIs.
- Maintain all OSHA safety standards including all reporting of accidents, injuries, damages, and potential threats to safety
- Interface with Distribution Directors, Transportation, Finance, FTZ/Customs, and Distribution Supervisors, Managers, and Associates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience operating in high-volume ecommerce operations with direct ownership of end user consumer experience.
- Effective leader that can lead a team of managers/supervisors that may have limited people management experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to effectively and efficiently interact with associates and senior DC management team.
- Ability to bridge strategic, tactical and operational business concepts and developments by applying an end-to-end Global mindset
- Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with good planning and organization skills
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills. Proficient use of Microsoft office applications (Prefer Intermediate Excel skills)
- The job requires extensive walking and standing on hard surfaces
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and 4 or more years of related industry experience.
- Prefer Master's degree and 3 or more years of related industry experience, preferably in retail specific distribution.
- Strong experience with managing complex ecommerce Distribution Center operations and leading process improvement projects.